Chapter 8

"Ena..." a familiar voice echoed in my head.

"Mmm..." I groaned, slowly awakening from my sleep. My heavy eyes peeled apart, and I saw a fuzzy white hair in my view. My golden eyes haven't adjusted to the bright light in the room until a few seconds later. "...Satoru?" I mumbled, seeing his face crystal clear. Right behind him, it looked like I was back home. What happened to me?

Gojo's face was pale and sickened. His blue eyes drowned in sorrow as his brows knitted. "Ena, how do you feel?" He sat right next to me, holding mine hand in his.

I paused for a moment, trying to physically feel any pain by rotating my head. I felt perfectly fine as if nothing hurt me. "I'm okay. What about your students?" The only reason why I'm alive was because Sukuna didn't kill me. His crazy ass still wanted me to be his regardless of my constant rejection. "Are they alive? Is Yuji alive?" If I recalled, Sukuna said he's going to let the boy live... but I didn't see that happen because I lost consciousness.

He brought his lips to my hand and kissed it. Why does Gojo look so sad? I'm alive after all. "They're all alive. Technically, Yuji's 'dead' for now because he died without his heart, but Sukuna later revived him."

It's great news to hear that Yuji was alive, but seeing Gojo's gloomy face made me think about him. There's no spark in his face; he's just brooding. "Baby? What's wrong? Why are you sad? Your students and I are alive." Sitting up, I cupped his face. My hands molded to his chiseled jaw. His face was poreless like glass. He's able to maintain such good skin in our mid-twenties.

"I..." Gojo's voice cracked out of nowhere, which caused me to be very concerned. It's rare for him to get in touch with his emotions. "I know you weren't dying, but seeing you lay right next to Yuji made me think 'what if Sukuna took you away from me?' I can't bear the thoughts of you gone." Pushing his silky hair back, I pecked a long kiss on his forehead and pulled him to my chest, so he could hear my heart beat for him.

Sukuna was gonna do that, but I can't tell him when he's at his low point. "No other man is going to take me. You will always be my first and last lover. I will keep on telling you this because I love you, Satoru Gojo... And if you want, we can secretly get married since we've been postponing it for a long time actually." I gave him another kiss on his head. Having our lives targeted by others wasn't easy to go about in our daily lives. I always feared to exchange vows and see him dead the next day later, but I know Gojo's been wanting to do this.

"Yes, let's do that when we have the time to. I don't want to rush anything since this year isn't going so great..." Gojo bitterly said, breaking free from my hold so he could spoon me in bed.

"Babe, ever since Nao came out, nothing has been 'normal'. We live our lives on the line because one: you're the most powerful sorcerer alive and two: I am also, and three: people try to use me to get you, which is reeeeally annoying because I hate being in that position!" Over ten years of being with Gojo, I've been kidnapped at least five times within the span of ten. It's like I'm holding a sign that tells others to kidnap me against my will. Then I switched the conversation back to Sukuna because he needed to know this. "That bastard Sukuna used his domain on me and threatened to kill Yuji in order to tell me his love story of Nozomi..."

After explaining why I ended up at the kids' location, Gojo flipped me over to face him.

Pang!

"Ow!" I slightly winced in pain, quickly rubbing my forehead. "Why'd you flick me?" I did nothing wrong but went there from the goodness in my heart. Shouldn't he be at least five percent at ease because I went out of my way to check up on his students? This man....

"Because," his blue eyes narrowed, indicating that he was mad at me. "You could've died! You know you suck at fighting. No matter how skilled your techniques are, if you can't fight then it's not gonna end well." This time his fingers pinched the tip of my nose, allowing me to breathe from my nose instead of my mouth.