Chapter 29

Right after the meeting had ended, everyone left except the higher ups as they held me and Gojo behind. "What do you want from me?!" I snarled in dismay, wrapping my arms around Gojo's slim waist. I don't know what they wanted, but all I wanted to do was leave after they agreed to put my life on the line to attack Geto.

"I know you want out of this, Ena... But remember that if you leave, your reputation will be ruined." The higher ups threatened, and Gojo pulled me behind him to protect me. "Nobody knows about your family's house fire but us. Isn't it suspicious that everyone died? No survivors?"

The hairs on my skin rose from their threat. I never knew they could play this dirty to wrap me around their fingers. My hand gripped Gojo's jacket tightly. All I wanted to do was murder them. It would've been fine if they didn't cross their line with me but they did.

Gojo cleared his throat and retorted. "I'm not sure if it's suspicious. Her family only consisted of old people, so they're prone to die in the fire. Arthritis hits badly doesn't it? Also, she was bedridden at the time so she wouldn't have known either." He intentionally insulted their old brittle bones like it came naturally to him which it did. "I don't know what you're trying to get at, but my wife is pregnant with my child so we'll be leaving!"

After that day, I locked myself in the house for a couple of weeks. I had no motivation to get out of the house as I felt depressed for my child's future and mine. I knew I shouldn't be feeling like this because it's bad for the child, but I couldn't control my emotions from spilling. Not to mention, my life was on the line to lure in Geto, and the higher ups have some dirt on us due to my family's sudden deaths. My emotions weren't stable but I had to be for the sake of my growing baby.

"Oh honey! I'm home!" Gojo opened the door to our bedroom and popped in with a big bouquet of roses. Unlike my pregnancy with Naozumi, he's less of an asshole and more of a loving husband. Maybe it's because he can't change the minds of the higher ups so he wanted to treat me well to lessen my worries.

Sitting up from bed, I slipped off and hugged him. "I miss you!" I whined, tightly wrapping my arms around his neck. Sniffing his natural scent, I pulled back and looked at his clear blue eyes for a split second then smashing my lips against his. I craved for his love and affection; I needed him. As our lips danced together, I didn't want to pull away. He was just addicting to be with.

"B...Babe...!" Gojo, on the other hand, was the one trying to stop this from progressing any further. It's funny because he's the one who always wanted my love and affections. He always threw himself onto me whenever he got the chance to. "You're pregnant now."

"Okay and? Why does that matter? We can't makeout?" Hormones were flying all over the place. It's hard not to be needy and horny at the same time. "It's not like I'm asking you to put your di—" However, Gojo's pointer finger sealed my lips from speaking any further.

"Honey, Nao is playing in the living room with Yuji. Watch your language." Gojo quietly informed me, and I felt like the table had turned. Now he's acting like me, a real adult whereas I'm acting like a Gojo, a child-adult. "We have to discuss what to do if Sukuna confirms that Nozomi no longer resides in you. Should we...just get an abortion?"

My breath hitched from that word 'abortion.' Looking down at my growing belly, I rubbed my little child in there, pondering about their life. "I... No, we shouldn't." I recalled all the times Gojo killed me in bed so we could have another child. Regardless if it's Nozomi's soul in our child, I don't think I could get rid of it. I feel like it'll haunt me forever knowing that I should've given it a chance of living. "Satoru, it's not easy for me to conceive a child..." I bit my lips, finding it hard to bring out more words from my mouth. The topic about kids was never an easy issue. "Nao's a blessing, but I know you want more too and—"