Chapter 37

The next day later, the house never felt so lively yet cold. Naozumi seemed happy to play with Yuji and Yuta while my in-laws were content to be spending time with their grandson during a difficult time. I know everyone is trying to protect my poor son from knowing the truth as well. No child should have to bear this much stress like I am.

"Honey," I jolted in my spot and glanced up to see Gojo smiling at me. Then he leaned down to peck a kiss on my forehead. "Let's go down the dungeon."

"The dungeon? Since when did we have one?!" For my whole life of living in this house, I didn't even know we had one. I thought we only had a basement, and the basement was pretty small too. What kind of secrets were Gojo hiding from me till now? That he's madly in love with Nanami? Because he tends to act more affectionate towards him just like he acts towards me.

"It's underneath the basement. I never told you about it because I saw no need to. I'm pretty sure all clan houses do have one."

A cold shiver shot up my spine as I recalled my youth in the torture chamber. I was whipped till I became so numb and lifeless. No matter how many times they healed me, I could still feel the gashes compiling on top of each other. One opening after the other. It was painful to live through for 18 years. If I could restart my life, I would make sure they respected and obeyed me. "Yeah, I know. My clan did that to me..." I bitterly replied, burning their faces in my head. "Well, let's go..." I didn't want to keep the granny waiting because we were fighting against time right now. Who knows how long I'm going to be alive until the next assassin striked again.

Entering into the dungeon, the air was ice cold. If I puffed out air, I bet I'd be able to see my breath. "Babe, are you cold?" Gojo noticed my semi-shivering body waddling beside him. How was Gojo only wearing a thin long sleeved shirt and sweatpant but not cold? I'm also dressed as similar as him yet I'm feeling the prickling air stabbing me. Why's he built differently?

"Yes, of course! Down here is like living in Antarctica." Then I thought about the granny. For sure she would've freezed down here because there's no way this dungeon can sustain any form of life. "Is the granny dead? I doubt she'll survive if I can't. Old people are fragile." If the granny did die, we're all back to square one.

However on Gojo's face, there was a nonchalant smile curling his lips. He tilted his head down as his black sunglasses moved down the bridge of his nose, appearing his sparkling blue eyes. I felt my heart throbbing by the sight of it as my ears burned. Slowly I turned my head away while my heart raced. I can't look at him. He's too hot. This man is dangerous. Even if he's my husband, he still has the ability to make my heart go crazy. He's a different breed.

"Don't worry about the granny. She will survive until the very end." His sinister gruff voice rang in the deadly air. "Oh honey, why aren't you staring at me?!" Gojo switched back to his needy nature after showing his prowess. "Didn't I sound manly that made you want to go to bed with me?!" He clung on to me, dragging me down with his weight. The duality he brings... I don't know whether it's good or not.

Turning my head, I pushed up his sunglasses to sit comfortably back to his eyes with my pointer and middle fingers. "Yes, yes." I didn't want him to see my flustered state. I'm tired of him poking fun of me whenever he does show his eyes here and there. "You're manly and cute. I love you and now let's go!" I'd prefer if Gojo didn't try to stall until he fished out a compliment from me.

In spite of complimenting him, Gojo wanted more from me as he stopped walking which caused me to stop since we were holding hands. I whipped my head over my shoulder to see a whiny look on his face. "But baaaaaabe! Where's my kiss? You always give me kisses." He pouted.

I blinked a couple of times before lifting up my free hand and pounding his head. He has the nerves to act like a baby during crucial times like this.