Chapter 31

Naozumi's POV

Mommy and daddy dropped me off at my big brother's room so they could go to the doctor's appointment. I wanted to come but they said I could once my siblings were bigger. I complied because I didn't want to be too difficult for them. Mommy always says that daddy's a hassle to deal with so I didn't want to be lumped with him. Although it would've been nice if they took me, but it's okay I have other friends to play with.

"Alright, Nao, we'll be back later to pick you up! Be a good boy to your older brothers and sister." Mommy knelt down to my level, brushing my hair back as she leaned in to kiss my forehead. Mommy's soft lips spread her love and warmth throughout my body, making me giggle from her unconditional love for me. Just from that kiss, I knew how much she really loved me. I'm a very special person in her heart...higher than daddy.

"Hehe, okay mommy. You can trust me! I'm a big boy now!" I shined her a big happy smile before skipping to big brother's room. I didn't need them to walk me there since I've been here countless times. Someone can blind fold me and I'll be able to find my way to his room because I'm that good.

Knock knock knock

It only took a few seconds for big brother to open the door after knocking three times. Brother Megumi had a pleasant expression painted on his face: a small smile tugged his lips while his eyes relaxed by the sight of me. "Hey there buddy!" He extended his hand out and ruffled my white hair. His hand didn't put much force onto my head as his fingers messed up my hair like always.

"Hi big bro!"

Big brother gestured to me to come inside, and I sat on his bed criss cross applesauce.

"I heard from your mom that she's going to a doctor's appointment with your dad. Are you excited to be a big brother?" Brother Megumi curiously asked, sitting in a chair right beside his desk.

I wondered if he knew if my mommy was having triplets. It really shocked me to hear that. As long as mommy's happy then I'm happy. She no longer has to dote on me anymore when she has new babies to take her attention. Big boys like me don't need my parents' attention. "Ummm, I'm okay I guess. I don't really mind, but that means I have to work really hard to protect my siblings." I curled my fists into tight balls as this was my first mission to accomplish once they're born. Being their big brother meant bearing responsibilities. I can't let anyone down, not even my parents.

"Siblings? Like plural? Not singular?"

I see that brother wasn't informed about it at all. "Yes, mommy is having triplets! So I also have to help her too! I think grandma and grandpa might be home as well? I'm not too sure, but I know the house is going to be more livelier!" I can't imagine how loud the house was going to be. Babies are going to cry left and right while mommy and daddy will have to run back and forth to tend their needs. My grandparents will be aiding them in some kind of way while I do something to pass time. It's only if they want me to help them I will. I don't want to be another add on if they can handle it. Nonetheless, everyone's going to be happy.

"O-oh I see." Brother Megumi looked taken back by my confirmation. "Does that make you even more happier?"

"Well, it's not for me. It's for them so I'm fine with whatever." I shrugged. I felt like nobody understood that I don't care whether I'm a big brother or not. They always have to ask to reassure themselves. I'm not against anything. As matter of fact, I'm very open to what life has to offer.

Then brother changed the topic. "Kugisaki and Itadori are out today, so it's just me and you. What do you want to do today?"

My heart faltered a bit hearing that my two best friends weren't here. It's always fun to have more people, but it's okay Megumi's also fun too. "Ummm... Let's play hide and seek!" Since the school was big, it'll be much fun to hide. There's a lot of good hiding places on school grounds. I hope this doesn't cause brother to cry if he can't find me, but he should know that I won't ever leave this place.