Chapter 1.6

End of 10 years cont.

A week has passed since I last hung out and saw Gojo. He hasn't visited or texted me often because of his job. My loneliness in the house was eating me up. "Focus, Ena." I was out doing archery to pass the time. Just when I released the arrow, the door aggressively opened.

Slam!

My whole body jolted, making me turn to the open door of the archery room. "What is it?!" I shouted in fright. Everyone in the household, including servants have the common decency to announce themselves before me. However, in this case, there must be a reason why they forgot it.

"My lady!" A few maids popped behind the door frame as their face was pale as a ghost. "T-The elders and your parents are waiting for you..." Their eyes looked so dull and afraid. What happened to them?

"What's going on? Why are they summoning me right now?" There was no reason for me to go since I haven't done anything to 'disrespect' them. Or maybe they're just sadists who love to hurt people.

"W-we don't know. We were told to bring you."

For some reason I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I don't know what's going to happen, but this treatment might be the worst in my book. "If this situation is bad... I want you to contact— never mind." I didn't want to bring Gojo into this yet. I don't know how long I'll be able to paint a good picture of my clan. It'll crumble down once he sees the torture chamber. "I'm heading out."

I felt uneasy walking to the audience room. What kind of crime are they going to pull up so they can punish me? I don't deserve any of this. I hate this life.

Entering inside the room, I sat in a seiza-style in front of my elders as my head was down. One of the elders began speaking, "Ena, I have heard you are keeping non-traditional clothings in your closet. You know that's prohibited. It doesn't matter if it's from Gojo Satoru. As long as you live in this house, you obey our rules."

My heart twinged in pain. Everything was about rules. Nobody cared to love me like a normal child, not even my own parents. My parents are ass-kissers. They never cared for me. They never stopped any punishment given to me as a child because they thought it'll shape me to be a porcelain, mindless doll. Little did they know I was mentally dying in this house. I'm nothing more but a last survivor of the Kita clan. They forced knowledge into me and even used extreme discipline to conform a growing child. I'm miserable in this house. I will die if I don't leave this house.

"Good thing for you," I lifted my head up and stared at them with deep venom, as my voice was filled with aggression. "I'm no longer a part of this household anymore. I am a Gojo! And I will leave this place and never turn back because I hate it here!"

"Ena!!" The elders yelled in unison.

My suppressed emotions took over me. "All these years of hell, all these years of fear, I am done! I listened to everyone! I respected everyone! I put my own feelings aside for everyone!" My vision blurred for a few seconds until it released hot tears down my face. "What have you all shown me?! The pain of a Kita? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's that!"

"Ena, stop it! Why are you acting like this?! You're not my daughter!" My mom hissed out like I'm a stranger. How could she know who I am? She was never involved in my life. I had no parents. They had me and threw me into training after I turned five.

"It's because I'm not your daughter." My hands balled into tight fists, turning white as I controlled myself from throwing hands. "I've never been your daughter since the day I was born! You abandoned your duties as my parents—"

Slap!

A stinging pain buzzed on my left cheek as I touched my cheek. My head was processing what just happened. How did I not see her raise her hand? I'm blinded by my own emotions that I didn't see at all.