Chapter 42

A few days prior to the big clan meeting:

I walked out from my doctor's appointment. I found out that I have to give birth around 32 weeks so I don't risk my life and my babies' life with any complications. The doctor gave me a rundown that my triplets were healthy despite me crying my eyes out for a while. It doesn't feel normal to live in the house that Gojo used to reside. It's an empty sensation lingering in my chest. I lost a big part of me. It's hard to accept that he's temporarily gone, but I'm doing my best to hold on and be level headed. I have to change this and crying won't help. This was my fight against Geto and the higher ups.

Sighing to myself, I hope the meeting goes well and they side with me. I'll let them uncover the truth as they have a mutual trust in the executives. There has to be more to what meets the eyes. It bothers me that they're so desperate for my death. I'm going to kill them one way or another.

Then I stopped in my steps when I felt an unknown presence nearby. I had a gut feeling it's an assassin sent by the higher ups. Who else would be stalking me beside Sukuna and Geto? The. Higher. Ups. Glaring at the person hiding from me, I sincerely smiled from my boiling insanity. "Aren't you bold now that my husband is gone?" My golden eyes sharpened at the ninja coming out from the dark. "Am I really a scary person who needs to be taken down? What are the higher ups truly afraid of?"

The ninja stood on the top of the lamppost. I couldn't read his facial expression as he was far and up high, but I knew he was mocking me. I'm pregnant and vulnerable yet I'm not at the same time. I can hold my ground.

The ninja scoffed, having no intention of getting down from the lamppost. "I didn't come alone. A special grade user can beat me so I brought reinforcements."

Click clack click clack

Whipping my head around, my eyebrow rose from this sudden event. "Oh? Principal Gakuganji, I see you're one of the higher ups' little mutt." I snorted as this wasn't surprising but disappointing. All he does is kiss their asses. He doesn't know how to grow his own brain and think for himself rather than the broken system. "You know you should've done better than that. Maybe a whole army would've been great!" I grinned at the ninja, not feeling fazed by Gakuganji's arrival. Why would I be scared of a follower?

I have no problem taking down Gakuganji and the ninja. They're weaker than me. I wonder if I should keep them alive or kill them? I don't really care if I get my hands dirty. Blood can't be avoided, and I need to release my wrath somehow.

"Then touch me if you can!" I loudly announced with open arms. I'm going to make sure that their best dog is in my prison.

The battle began as they jumped together to strike. I swiftly dodged all their attacks while my body swayed with the wind. I curved all their quick jabs and kicks. It really disappointed me after all it's two against one, and I'm close to being a handicapped woman.

I sighed loudly so they could hear how boring they were. "Is this the best you can do? I thought you were more skilled than this?" I taunted, watching them struggle to land a single blow on me. "Why don't I kick it up a notch?"

When the ninja was in my sight, I used an upgraded version of my cursed eyes—eyes of petrification maximum. My yellow orbs glowed as it triggered my ability to blind them instead of freezing them into place. I watched their eyes turn completely white. The ninja clutched his eyes, yelling and screaming about his precious sight.

Next, I handled Gakuganji like it was nothing.

"Purification pentagram," I simply called, watching a pentagram appear on the ground as chains locked Gakuganji in place. "Since most of my techniques are filled with positive cursed energy, it's actually useless to fight back." I marched around him, keeping an eye on his angry face. His saggy eyebrows weren't covering his eyes anymore as he scowled, making direct eye contact with me.