Chapter 17

Naozumi's POV

"Nao, daddy and mommy have to go to an important meeting at my workplace. My students are going to watch over you, so don't be scared!" Daddy patted my head then pinched my cheek.

"Ouch! That hurts!" I winced in pain, trying to claw his hand away from my cheek, but he refused to let go as he pulled farther.

"I don't want to~ I love your baby cheeks!" Daddy cooed, talking to me as if I was a baby rather than a smart five years old son. I'm more mature than most kids; I'm not a helpless baby.

Hitting his hand, it did nothing to him. My hits may feel like tickles to him. Daddy wasn't budging at all, and the pain started to increase. "MOMMY!" I shouted to my last resort—mama bear. I knew daddy didn't want to deal with her wrath. He's going to back away due to fear.

Mommy's voice was heard around the corner. "Yes, baby? What is it?" Her soothing and calm voice had no clue what daddy was doing to me.

Hastily, daddy retracted his hand back to his side. He knew the fear iced his spine.

"Hi mommy!" She appeared right behind daddy's crouching body, and I jumped in her arms as she caught me. Mommy hoisted me up on her hips while I embraced her. She always smelled like flowers when I went to hug her. "It's nothing. I just wanted to see you before you go with daddy."

"Awww! That's my sweet baby!" Mommy giggled, twirling me around. "I really don't want to let you go, but I have to..." Her arms secured me when she said that.

Ding dong!

"Oh! Those are my students!" Daddy stood up and rushed to the door with mommy taking me there.

"You get to play with Yuji, Brother Megumi, and Kugisaki!" Mommy excitedly told me, but I wanted to play with Sukuna because I hadn't seen him for a while. If I told my parents this, they would be confused and upset about it.

Once daddy opened the front door, I saw my trio waiting for me.

"Yo!" Yuji greeted with a big smile like always.

"Hey buddy," Megumi warmly looked at me with soft eyes. He loves and cherishes me.

"Hey kid," I remember her at the beach. She's very loud, and her personality is bold. I'm not too sure how to describe her when I haven't played with her before. I feel like she's a complainer.

The trio walked inside the house, taking off their shoes as daddy locked the front door, and mommy took me to the living room. She put me down, allowing me to hug all of them.

"Alright, we will be back in a few hours. Don't set our house on fire, don't lose sight of him, and do have fun with him!" Mommy laid out the ground rules before heading out with daddy.

After they left, hearing the door click, Kugisaki stepped towards me and asked, "So what do you want to play today?"

"Let's play uno! You all are going to lose to me!" I boldly declared, and Kugisaki clenched her teeth. I knew how to pick fights with others, and she was my bait.

"Oh, you're on!"

The uno cards were shuffled out, and we began playing. Kugisaki sat across from me while Brother Megumi was on my left and Yuji on my right.

"How'd you learn how to play uno?" Yuji curiously asked, dropping down a blue 7.

"My daddy introduced it to me and mommy a while ago. So ever since then, we play when we have the time. My mommy sucks at this game. It's so easy, but I don't know how she loses. I've never seen her so angry over a small game." When mommy loses one round, she refuses to play onwards. She gets very salty and bitter, and I feel like she might cry on the spot. She's the embodiment of the term: sore loser.