Chapter 3

Present Day

Ring ring!

I pulled up my phone to see the caller ID was Gojo. "Hello?"

"HI, HONEY! DID YOU MISS ME?!" Gojo blasted my ear drum as I pulled my phone away. "I know you miss me! Who wouldn't miss me?! Are you on your way to pick up Naozumi?" I blinked a couple of times, wondering how I've been with him for ten years. Naozumi has only matured Gojo up to a small fraction of his upbeat personality.

"Yes, I'm on my way to pick him up right now, then I'm dropping him off at my parents' house. I don't trust you giving your missions to Megumi. Give that poor kid a break..." I sighed, getting closer to the daycare where I dropped Naozumi off.

Gojo's voice grew low. "You know that it might not be safe for our son to go to your parents' house...."

"Of course, I know that. I wouldn't be dropping him off there in the first place if your parents were back from vacation! They're my only resort. I don't like asking our friends to watch over our son. I feel bad because it's not their responsibility." I sighed through the phone. I may still resent them, but I can't let Megumi keep doing Gojo's workload... that slacker! He makes things more complicated than it should be. "I'm going to Sendai City after I drop Naozumi off, and you can't stop me!"

Beep!

I ended the call.

"I wonder how you became a teacher, Satoru... And how I became your part-time teacher assistance..." A few years ago, Gojo began teaching at Jujutsu High in Tokyo as an instructor. I didn't join until last year when we had the Geto and Yuta situation. However, I wasn't involved at their final fight because Gojo forced me to stay home and watch Naozumi as a precaution if Geto's minions were to attack Naozumi without us knowing. I'm still a part-time teacher because I'm still a home-mom who has to take care of Naozumi since he's not in school yet.

At the daycare, my snowball came rushing over to me with a bright expression. His sharp golden eyes and pure white hair was the beautiful creation from his parents. "Mommy!" Naozumi's fluffy snow white hair jumped until it flattened down once he stood in front of me.

Crouching down to his height, I ran my hand through his white hair then caressed his face. "Hi, baby! How was your day?" I spoke to him in a gentle voice.

"It was fun! I..." Naozumi told me his day as we walked out together, holding hands.

Motherhood wasn't easy, but it was worth it to raise him and watch him grow up into a fine little boy. At first, I was scared because I wasn't even ready to be a mom, but I took it in since I doubt I'll ever have another chance to again. Naozumi grew up to be a loved and happy child. He has a bright future for being the most powerful boy in this world. He's going to be facing a lot and will have to learn how to protect himself. This world is a dangerous place for a special grade sorcerer like Naozumi. Just one more year and his ability will be manifesting.

"Mommy, where are we going?" Naozumi asked, recognizing that we weren't going the usual way home. We were on a street that I knew but he didn't. The street which led to my old home.

"We're going to see my parents, your grandparents from mommy's side. Since daddy's parents are on vacation, they can't watch you for a while." I just prayed they would treat him with care, but if I see any markings on him, I won't hesitate to fight them. No one's going to hurt my child when I'm not there. I will be the one to discipline him, not my parents or the elders. They will wish they regret crossing the line.

"How come we never visit them?"

I kept a smile on my face because he shouldn't know the truth, not until he's older or never. "Because there was no need to until now. If they're being mean to you, tell mommy or daddy. We don't want you to be mistreated... We want you to be happy. Promise?"