Chapter 31

31 December 1977

31 December 1977

GWEN GOT READY FOR THE PARTY. She needed a break from all the research anyways. Deciding to wear a little red dress, she puts on some make up to cover her obvious dark circles from staying up late all the time. She approached her desk and opened her notes one last time. Where would someone like Tom Riddle, seemingly the perfect psychopath place his Horcruxes? It's obvious that the dark lord is arrogant. He's a half-blood preaching for pureblood supremacy. The hypocrisy is absolutely ridiculous. He's a descendant of Salazar Slytherin. House of Gaunt. That's it. Maybe- just maybe, the villain is stupid enough to hid the Horcrux in the Gaunt's home. Gwen realised that she should tell Dumbledore as soon as she comes back from the holidays. A knock pulled her out of her thoughts.

"Gwen. Dear." It's her mum. Looking at the time, it was already late.

"Yes mum."

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah. I'll be out in a minute." Gwen shouted out.

"Alright then."

Going down the stairs, her father was nowhere to be seen. It seems like now that the children knows about the Order, they are not trying to hide the fact that they're gone on a mission. Her mother, however, was sitting on the sofa waiting for her.

"Mum."

Allegra looked back and smiled at her daughter. "You look stunning, dear."

"Thanks." The mother's face contorted to worry. There looks like to be some type of problem. "Is there anything wrong?"

"I'm happy and worried at the same time for your sister."

"What happened?" It's been a while since Gwen communicated with Adeline. Both are busy with their own responsibilities.

"Your sister is pregnant." Gwen's eyes widened.

"That's wonderful news."

"Yes. But, I'm worried since she has to balance between doing dangerous missions and pregnancy is no easy business." Allegra know that all to well especially being a head of the maternity unit in St.Mungo's. The victims. There were also a lot of pregnant ladies having miscarriages as a result of stress and depression of losing their love ones.

"She'll be fine mum." Gwen reassured. She doesn't know for sure. She knows that she plays a huge part in defeating the dark lord's army. Finding out his weaknesses and secretly scavenging the damned Horcruxes. She has to do this. Not just for the safety of herself. But, for everyone in the wizarding world. Family. Friends. James.

"You're right. I should be positive." Allegra put on a smile, "Let's get going to the party yeah?"

"Yes."

-

Arriving at the party. Allegra immediately went away finding the other parents — the Potters. It was crowded with important people. Gwen didn't know that the Potters knew so many people. She managed to see Sirius, who was staring at some girl. Gwen chuckled realising that it's Solis Edwards, a Hufflepuff girl that Sirius has been crushing on for years but did nothing about.