Chapter 09

GWEN'S BIRTHDAY IS ON THE 9TH OF JANUARY

GWEN'S BIRTHDAY IS ON THE 9TH OF JANUARY. A couple of months ago, the boys had asked her what she wanted for her birthday. She had said, Anything.

James wanted to give her something special. Something memorable like the ring he gave her on Christmas. So, he asked Lily Evans.

"Lilypad, her birthday is next month. What should I give her?"

"How about something meaningful to the both of you." The red-head answered.

"Something meaningful huh..."

The night before Gwen's birthday, James and the boys met up with Pandora. Informing her of their plan on a surprise birthday party for the soon-to-be 16-years-old.

"You do know that she's going to find out right?" Pandora said. "She's a Ravenclaw for a reason."

"We know. That's why we have concocted a foolproof plan." Sirius smirked.

"Oh really? Tell me more." Pandora responded.

The boys told her the plan. It was a solid plan, definitely can go wrong but anything related to an injured James Potter will always go right.

"Gwen! Gwen!" The blonde girl shook the brunette harshly.

"What?" Gwen rubbed her eyes sleepily. She looked at her magical clock. It was 11.43 at night.

"James! James! He- he-"

"What happened to James?!" Gwen suddenly woke up and sat up immediately.

"He's in the hospital wing."

"What happened?" Gwen put on a sweater over her silk pajamas, getting ready to leave.

"I don't know, Xeno and I were sneaking out and found him unconscious. I think he was practicing quidditch until late and fell from his broom."

"What?!"

"No time to chit chat. Come!" Pandora dragged the brunette. Gwen didn't care, all she can think about is James on the bed unconscious, she didn't even realize that Pandora dragged her towards the other end of the castle.

"Why are we here?" Gwen asked when Pandora stopped pulling her, "James is injured, I need to- I need-"

Pandora pushed her towards a room known as the room of requirements and the light turns on.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GWEN!" A few people shouted. Gwen was shocked. She was fooled. Fooled?! Me?! Gwen scoffed.

"I am speechless." The girl started, "you guys managed to fool me? Me!"

"Let's just party yeah." A voice from none other than Sirius Black.

"Fine. Party. Go." Gwen laughed. Everybody cheered and start drinking. It wasn't crowded, but many of her close friends were there.