Chapter 18

FEBRUARY 14th, 1976

FEBRUARY 14th, 1976

Gwen decided to wear the green gown her sister had gifted her last Christmas. The back might be a little scandalous. It is a beautiful dress. She wore heavier make up than usual, a bit of smoky eyes. The girl chose her accessories nicely. The emerald pair of earrings and ring, she got from the Potters. She didn't understand why, they gave her that but it's definitely her taste. Simple, but elegant and also very fitting with her emerald green dress. She also chose to wore her grandmother's locket. It's calming in a way, as it's purpose is to alert danger.

"That dress is absolutely breathtaking Gwen!" Pandora said, her dream-like voice managed to keep Gwen away from her trance.

"My sister got it for me." She responded.

"And here I thought, the Slug Club gathering was your best look."

"Hey! I can be put together in different occasions. I'm just a lazy person, you know that." Gwen retorted making the blonde girl chuckle.

"Alright, well where are you seeing James?"

"I told him to just meet me in the great hall."

"No. I'm going to pick you up."

"Yeah no Jamie. I might take too long, you should wait in the great hall."

"Is there no way of changing your mind?" James wanted to be the first male to see her in whatever dress she will be wearing.

"Nope."

"Alright." The boy sighed in defeat.

"Are you done?" Pandora asked.

"Just a bit more. You can go first. Everybody already left."

"I'll wait for-"

"No. Just go. Xeno must be waiting." Gwen said.

"Okay. Don't take too long." Pandora said and left to her date.

To be honest, Gwen wanted a bit more time for herself. She was nervous to see James. She's in love with him. It's crazy. It seems like James was still quite interested in Lily? Who knows? Everything is just so confusing, Gwen breathe in and out. She finally left her common room and walked towards the great hall.

Entering the great hall, everybody stared at her. It was true, she looked rather amazing tonight. Then, she meets his eyes. He wasn't blinking as if time had stopped between the both of them. Gwen walked through the crowd and was now in front of him.