Chapter 19

MARCH 10th, 1976

MARCH 10th, 1976

After the ball, Gwen felt James becoming distant. Not just to her, but to everyone. He looks constantly in deep thoughts and not acknowledging the people around him.

Today is Remus' birthday, meaning it's been almost a month that James Potter has been completely lifeless. As James distance himself from people, Gwen got closer to the her Potion's partner, Apollo. Platonically. He's a good friend. He cheered her up during sad times.

"I just- I don't understand, where it went wrong. He just seems unlike him nowadays ever since the ball." Gwen rambled.

"Gwen. You should talk to him."

"I tried. But every time, I approached him, he just leaves. Like wow rude." The girl rolled her eyes.

"Force him to talk?" Apollo didn't have any other advices. He enjoys hanging out with Gwen. He likes her — platonically. She listens to his problems and vice versa. It's a great and healthy friendship, unlike all those other Slytherins. He couldn't really be friends with the since most are junior death-eaters secretly.

"You're right. Enough is enough. I mean I'm here, he can talk to me if things weren't good enough."

"Agreed." Apollo nodded.

"I better get going. It's Remmy's birthday and well we always have sleepovers on his birthday. Good night Pollo." She waved him goodbye and left for the sleepover.

She muttered the password fortem and entered the Gryffindor common room. Most were already inside their dorms and they were already used to Gwen being in the tower. She knocked on the boys' dorm.

"Come in." A voice she recognized as Peter said.

Entering the room, the boys looked at her except for James. They smiled and waved her to come sit next to them. All were sitting on the floor playing surprisingly monopoly.

"I thought you guys hated monopoly?" Gwen smirked. It's because they always ended up in Prison aka Muggle's version of Azkaban and also she made them go bankrupt.

"We only hate it when we play with a maniac like you Winnie." Remus chuckled.

"Hey! Just because you're the birthday boy, doesn't mean you can insult me." The girl came over to give him a hug. Remus is a great hugger. Definitely 10/10. "Happy Birthday Rems." She whispered. She handed him a big box.

"What's this? You already gave me gifts."

"True, but the boys and I have planned this months ago." Gwen grinned, "Open it."