Chapter 04

MAY 24, 1975

MAY 24, 1975

It was the last quidditch match of the year. James has been in the team for 3 years as their star-chaser. This quidditch match will determine the winner of the quidditch cup. Gryffindor vs Slytherin. The lions vs the snakes.

Gwen Selwyn knocked on the changing room. There was no response. So she barged in to see that James Potter was in his half-naked glory.

"Jamie!" She closed her eyes.

"Gwen? What are you doing here?" James immediately wore his jersey.

"Are you decent now?" James hummed in response. As she opened her eyes, "I wanted to wish you good luck."

James beamed. "Thanks Gwinny." He approached her and wrapped his arms around her waist startling her. She realized that James is turning into one fine man. At 15, he already have strong arms and chest. The boy who used to be shorter than her was no longer there. Gwen hugged him good luck and kissed his thankfully not sweaty forehead. They were interrupted by none other than Sirius Black.

"Oi, get a room." Gwen rolled her eyes and hugged Sirius.

"Good luck Siri." She kissed his cheek before leaving the room. Sirius smirked towards James.

"James please at least admit that you like her. Fourth year is about to be over and you have been staring at her non-stop all year."

"Are you a blistering Idiot? She's like a sister to me."

"Hmm...Should I be worried if that's how you look at a sister. And you say my family's inbred." Sirius chuckled. James groaned in irritation and left the changing room. Does he like her? What about his feelings for Lily?

The match was about to start when he saw Gwen in her house's stand although wearing a Gryffindor scarf noticeably James' that she took from him.

"Jamie, I need your scarf."

"For what?"

"Do you want me to support you and Siri or not?" She rolled her eyes.

"Oh right. But I want Lily to wear it." Making Gwen rolled her eyes once again.

"Ugh It's not like she would wear your scarf. She has her own. You know what. Fine. I'll ask for Siri's."

James didn't know why he stopped her. "Wait ugh here's mine. I felt bad that you already begged me." He smirked.

"What a tosser. Fine. Good luck tomorrow. I'm gonna sleep. Bye Jameson."

Gwen was worried for two of her friends. Slytherin's team play dirty most of the times and obviously hurt other people in the process.