Chapter 06

DECEMBER 24, 1975

DECEMBER 24, 1975

This year all the Marauders decided to went home and spent time with their family. Today was Christmas eve and the Potters invited James' friends and their family for dinner. The Selwyn's of course were invited — a small tradition the two family have.

"When are we opening gifts?" James whined.

"James, darling, there's no such thing as opening gifts on Christmas eve, there's the word eve for a reason." Gwen rolled her eyes.

"But- but the gifts are so tempting. It's just sitting there underneath the tree."

"James, you're so right! We should just open it now!" Fleamont chimed in.

"No! Christmas is tomorrow, so opening the presents will be tomorrow! You and your son are the same it's insane." Mia scolded her husband playfully.

"Listen to your mum James." Fleamont huffed.

"You're only scared when mum starts to talk." James rolled his eyes.

"Jamie, let's go to your room." James immediately looked up. A blush was threatening to come out.

"Huh? Wh-why?"

"I want to do something." Gwen nonchalantly say.

"Do what?" James nervously asked. His parents were holding back their laughter.

"I want to check out your closet. I told you yesterday, that I wanted to grab something." Gwen answered in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Oh right- right. Let's go." As they walked up the stairs, James flustered as he heard his parents laughed out loud.

The teenagers entered James' room. Obviously, Gwen had spent many nights of sleepovers in his room but every time she enters, it always felt like the first time. His room smelt like her vanilla shampoo, she doesn't know why but it's nice. His bed was neat. A huge mirror was next to the bathroom door.

"I love it."

"Love what?"

"The way your room smells like my shampoo."
Unbeknownst to Gwen, he had did it on purpose. He bought a room diffuser that smelled like her, so that he can feel her presence — in a non-creepy way.

"Right. Uhm...you may raid my closet." James changed the topic. Gwen nodded and opened his large closet.

She saw and grabbed a Christmas-red jumper that would look oversized on her.