[ 0.3 ]

At the end of my seventh grade year, we were in the spring school play together. We did Romeo and Juliet, and you and I were Juliet's parents. Your brother, friends, and even my brother teased us (but mostly you) relentlessly because we were "married". My best friend tried to tease me, but since she played Juliet (with the cute boy she had a crush on playing Romeo) I managed to tease her more.

        We had some really fun moments during the time that we worked on that play. I remember one time, we were sitting backstage during a rehearsal, waiting for our next scene, and we were laughing because someone onstage had tripped and fallen, which caused whoever was supposed to be speaking (and everyone else involved in the production who saw) to have a laughing fit. The stage manager, who was a friend of yours, walked by and said "Eli, I see you're having a good time with your wife", since I was laughing so hard that I fell into you, and you were laughing at me and attempting wrap your arms around me to support me. You rolled your eyes at him and said, "You are not a part of this marriage," and everyone who heard laughed (including me). He walked away, and then it was just you and I sitting there again. You turned to me with a serious face and said, "I should probably get you a ring since you're my wife and all," and I said, "Yeah I think it's a little overdue," and then you started laughing, and so did I.

        Another time, someone dared you to kiss me, since we were "married". I never thought you would actually do it, but you leaned in, and out of shock and fear I turned my head at the last second and you ended up kissing me on the cheek. Everyone teased us after that, and my brother gave you this look. One of your friends grinned at you and said "You almost became a man today, Elijah" and you glared at him for using your full name. I never understood why, when I told your brother in science class, he got this strange, almost jealous look on his face. And then he started laughing, to cover it up, almost.

        It was funny how many people commented on how much chemistry we had in the play whenever we had to act together. They all asked if we were together, and we always quickly said no, and our friends (and brothers) would tease us.

        We exchanged numbers at some point, and we were sort of friends. I always thought you were funny and a great guy, but I never saw you as anything more than a friend.

        Little did we know, not long after that everything would change for you and me.