{ 2.4 }

Your brother brought Elliot home, too that night, since your parents were staying at the hospital. He took the two of us to Panera's for dinner, and when I was too choked up to order myself, he ordered for me. A bowl of French onion soup, the soup I love so much. I was a little surprised that he knew exactly what I wanted, but then I again that's what I got everytime we ate there. He insisted on paying for all of us (your sister didn't mind, but I argued with him over it).

        He decided to drop your sister off first, because he knew I would need a long hug before I could go inside my house. As soon as Elliot had gotten out of the car, he had unlocked the door to the house to let her in, and he was back in the car, his phone rang. It was your parents. He spoke to them for a few minutes, biting his lip the whole time, and then hung up. When he ended the call, I looked at him expectantly, and he just looked at me wordlessly and shook his head. And I broke down and began to sob.

        Your brother hugged me, and then he started crying. At some point, he said we should go inside, and that I could stay as long as I needed to, and he would be right there. So we went inside and sat on the couch next to each other. By then, Elliot was upstairs in bed, and your brother decided to tell her in the morning. He hugged me tight, and we just cried into each other's shoulders. At some point, we decided to lay down on the couch, and I buried my face into his chest and cried, and he had his face buried in my hair, causing our sobs to sound muffled. I don't know how long we laid there and cried, holding each other. All I know is that I woke up in the morning on your couch, wrapped in Emmett's arms, to Elliot's voice saying, "Normally, I would be teasing you and questioning this situation, but under the circumstances, I'm just going to say..I miss him, too."

        On a Tuesday in early June, we lost you.

________________________________________________

i almost cried while writing this. I'M SO SORRY

*offers half empty box of tissues*

Hopefully Emmett has enough hugs to go around

-mags x