{ 0.6 }

A month after you broke things off, your brother came up to me in the hallway at school, looking distressed. He looked at me said, “Ellana, I don’t get it. I just don’t understand why my brother would break up with you like this. He hurt you, and he hurt himself. I can just tell that he’s torn apart without you.” I had just looked at him, “What do you mean he’s torn apart?” I didn’t understand how he had come to that conclusion, because through my eyes you were just fine without me. After the day that you told me it couldn’t work, you stopped talking to me at school, texting me, calling me, eating lunch with me, and showing up in between classes to say hi (and on some occasions to get a kiss or a hug). You wouldn’t even look at me. In a nutshell, you walked yourself right out of my life.

            The only problem was that I still loved you with everything I had, and I missed you just as much. My heart was more than broken; it was shattered.

            Your brother said, “He’s still in love with you, Ellana. I’ll prove it if you don’t believe me, but I just know it. He’s still in love with you, and there’s absolutely no explanation for why he left you like he did.”

            “You’re right, Emmett,” I’d said, “there is no explanation. So, how are you going to prove it to me?” At that, your brother smirked at me and said, “It involves you and me pretending to like each other.”

            He and I walked to our next class together (we always seemed to end up having a class together) knowing that you would walk past us. When we neared you, your brother grabbed my hand, laced our fingers, and leaned towards my ear to whisper, “Laugh like I just told you a really funny joke, and then lean in towards me,” So I let out a burst of laughter, and leaned my head toward his shoulder. He then kissed me on the cheek, and I caught a glimpse of you as you walked past.

            You looked upset, jealous, and angry. And sad, so sad.

            I didn’t get it then Elijah, but understand now. I just can’t believe that you didn’t even tell your own brother. I could understand you not telling me and keeping it amongst your family. But you didn’t even tell your brother. I always found that strange, because your little sister knew before your brother did.

            Sometimes I wonder, is it because you knew that he would tell me? Were you that desperate to keep your secret from me?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm updating twice today because I'm really excited about this story. :-)

it's all downhill from here, folks. this the part when i break all of your hearts. I'm sorry about that...

-Mags x