Chapter 43

The next day found Oliver and Thea standing outside of Iron Heights Prison as the gate opened and their mother, dressed far more casually than either of them had ever seen her, stepped out.

"Hi mom." Oliver said as he and Thea hugged her.

"How does it feel to be free again. And this time without anyone having to bribe anyone?" Thea asked.

"Like I don't deserve it." Moira said.

"Mom, this time, you managed to stop the undertaking all together. No one died." Oliver said.

"I know, but that doesn't erase what I did in the old reality." Moira said.

"Mom, you saved the city." Oliver said.

"No Oliver, you did." Moira said.

"Okay, enough of this, why don't we head home." Thea said and Oliver nodded as they guided their mom towards the car.

"Welcome home." Oliver said as he, Thea and Moira entered the mansion.

"I'm surprised there's no party." Moira said.

"Didn't think you'd want one. Though we are having a small get together. No one special, just Laurel, Roy, Quentin, John, Felicity and Emiko." Oliver said.

"Your sister." Moira said and Oliver nodded.

"She's a part of this family and it was wrong of you to make dad leave her out of it." Oliver said.

"I know. I do intend to apologize to her. And Oliver, I hope that one day, you'll allow me to meet my grandson." Moira said.

"I'll talk to Samantha, see if she'd be willing to bring William here tonight, since while she's come around on me being a part of William's life, I'm not sure how she'd feel about him meeting you." Oliver said and Moira smiled at her son gratefully.

"So, anyways, while I was in prison, I noticed that Queen Consolidated is doing a lot better under your leadership then it did last time." Moira said.

"Yes, but honestly, I think I'm going to hand the reins off to someone else." Oliver said.

"So you are planning on running for mayor again. I approve." Thea said.

"Really?" Moira asked.

"Believe it or not, Ollie was actually a great mayor. Only reason he got impeached is because he was set up by the big bad of the year. Any luck finding him by the way?" Thea asked.

"No, Diaz is a slippery one. But he'll show up eventually and when he does, I'm going to put him in the ground. Once and for all." Oliver said.

"Who is this Diaz?" Moira asked.

"Ricardo Diaz. He's probably the only criminal I fought who beat me. I had to surrender myself to the FBI in order to liberate the city from him and I went to prison because of him, exposing my identity. But this time, I'm going to kill him before he gets the chance." Oliver said.

"Okay then. So, who did you have in mind for running the company?" Moira asked, thinking she'd have to ask her daughter for more information later.

"Emiko actually. Queen Consolidated is a family company and she is family. Thea is busy with Danvers Daily News, so I thought that Emiko was a good choice." Oliver said.

"I'd like to talk to her first, make sure that it's a good decision, since the last time you trusted someone else to run the company, we lost everything." Moira said and Oliver nodded in agreement.

That night, as promised, Oliver was hosting a small get together at the mansion. In addition to himself, Moira and Thea, also attending were Laurel, John, Roy, Quentin, Felicity, Emiko, Lyla and Samantha and William.