Chapter 40

Deathstroke was surprised when instead of his blade slicing through his former friend's skull like he was expecting, it clashed against the Green Arrow's bow, who proceeded to knock it away and used his bow like a bo staff.

"I never taught you how to fight in close range. You always preferred distance." Deathstroke said as he began to see that not only was Green Arrow a match for him, but to his surprise, he was actually being outmatched by his opponent.

"Like I said, I've picked up a few new tricks since then. You may have taught me a lot of what I know, but you didn't teach me everything I know." Green Arrow said, since honestly, this was almost too easy, since now he'd fought men twice as strong as Slade currently was and had won. Hell, he'd fought aliens and magic and come out on top. Slade did not stand a chance against him since while he may still be the Green Arrow, he was something more now. He was still the Spectre. And Deathstroke did not stand a chance against that.

With that revelation, Green Arrow felt as if something inside of him was unlocked, but he was too busy staying ahead of his opponent to think give it anymore thought, though he would focus on it later.

Anyways, as the two of them fought, both got senses of deja vu, though each of them was different. For Deathstroke, it was the last time they fought on the freighter while for Green Arrow, it was the last time they fought each other at the end of the last siege.

"Slade, don't do this. This isn't what Shado would want. And even if it was, it won't bring her back." Green Arrow said.

"Shut up." Deathstroke shouted as the two of them fought.

"You need to let her go. Look at yourself Slade. If she were still here, she would be horrified at the man you've become." Green Arrow said.

"Do you really think that this talk would somehow get me to stand down?" Deathstroke asked.

"No, but it did distract you." Green Arrow said as he fired two bolo arrows and restrained Deathstroke to a wall.

"You beat me." Deathstroke said, stunned.

"Not the first time that's happened. And just like before, you underestimated me. Seems to be your greatest flaw." Green Arrow said.

"So what happens now kid. You gonna finish what you started back on the freighter?" Deathstroke demanded as Green Arrow removed his helmet.

"No Slade, I'm not going to kill you." Green Arrow said.

"Really, you didn't seem to have any qualms about it before." Slade said.

"Last time I had no choice. This time I do." Green Arrow said as he injected the cure into Slade's neck.

"What did you just do?" Slade asked.

"I cured you. No more Mirakuru." Green Arrow said.

"It wasn't the mirakuru that made me hate you." Slade said.

"Actually it was." Green Arrow said as he placed his hand on Slade's head and concentrated as he used his spectre energy to not only restore Slade's memories, but also his sanity.

"Do I even want to know how you did that kid?" Slade asked and Green Arrow chuckled as he heard no malice in Slade's voice and cut him free.

"I told you I've picked up some new tricks. But now I need to be sure they worked. What are you now? Friend or foe." Green Arrow asked him.

"Neither. I'm your brother." Slade said and Green Arrow grinned as he held out his hand to Slade, who shook it.

"Welcome back Slade." Green Arrow said.

"Good to be back." Slade said.

"Well, this is touching, but can I ask why you aren't killing him?" a new voice said and both Slade and Oliver turned to see another guy in Deathstroke armor standing at the far end of the roof.

"Which one of your sons is that?" Green Arrow asked as Slade put his helmet back on.

"Grant. Stand down." Deathstroke said.

"No. After all this you suddenly stand down? After everything we've done?" Grant asked.

"I was wrong. The Mirakuru warped my mind. Oliver Queen is not my enemy. He's my friend." Deathstroke said.

"Then you are not my father and you are not worthy of that mask." Grant said as several Deathstroke soldiers appeared.

"I'm guessing they won't listen to you if you tell them to stand down?" Green Arrow asked and Deathstroke shook his head no.

"Looks like Grant was already planning on betraying me." Deathstroke said.

"Your vision was too limited and you thought too small. It was only because you recruited me that your plans evolved to become as effective as they've been." Grant said.

"Sounds like both your sons hate you." Green Arrow said to Deathstroke.

"Shut up." Deathstroke said as they both readied their weapons.

"Kill them both and bring my father's helmet. He doesn't deserve it anymore." Grant said as the soldiers swarmed them.

Back at the bunker, John had taken command of the team after Oliver had left and was now devising a plan to help the city.

"Okay, so what's the plan hoss?" Rene asked.

"We split into teams for maximum coverage. Pair up. Roy and Thea, Rene and Dinah and Emiko will join Laurel and I." John said.

"You still don't trust me do you?" Emiko asked.

"J'onn may have confirmed that you've changed, but I've been burned by a sibling before and we lost a teammate because of that. I'm not taking any chances. You may have earned back Oliver's trust, but you still have to earn mine." John said.

"I get it. I'm not expecting you to trust me just because my brother says you can. Trust has to be earned." Emiko said and John nodded, right as the computers beeped.

"What's going on?" Thea asked as Felicity checked the computers.

"Well, let's just say that Emiko can be Rene's partner now." Felicity said.

"What are you talking about? Why can't it be me?" Dinah asked.

"Because our system just detected Vigilante sniping down mirakuru soldiers." Felicity said.

"Where is he?" Dinah asked.

"Right now he's on the corner of Fifth and Prescott." Felicity said.

"John." Dinah said.

"Go. Take the memory gun with you." John said.

"Oliver didn't take it with him for Slade?" Rene asked.

"Oliver doesn't need the gun to restore Slade's memories thanks to his powers." John reminded him.

"Thank you for trusting him." Dinah said.

"Dinah, I said take the memory gun with, but don't shoot it until you know who it is under that mask, just in case it's someone else in this reality." John said and Dinah nodded in agreement.

"I hope it's him, since this time, I'm not letting him die. Not again." Dinah said.

"Who is she talking about?" Laurel asked, reminding all of them yet again that she was not her doppelganger and therefore was not aware of who Vigilante was.

"Vigilante is a former enemy turned ally from the old earth. His real name was Vincent Sobel and he was Dinah's partner and boyfriend in the old reality. It's a long story." Rene said.

"Clearly, but you think we can trust him?" Laurel asked her fellow Canary.

"If it really is him under that mask in this reality, then yes." Dinah said and Laurel nodded, deciding to trust Dinah and hope that it worked out for them.

"Okay then, let's move out." Dig said as they headed out.