Chapter 29

Tonight was Thea's 18th birthday and as opposed to her original 18th birthday party, this time, Thea had decided to have a relatively lowkey party, since she wasn't the loud obnoxious party girl she once was, she'd mellowed out a lot and she no longer felt the need to party all day and all night.

That was why tonight she'd decided on just having a nice birthday party at the mansion similar to the one they'd thrown for Oliver's last birthday in the old reality. The only people there were members or associates of Team Arrow, meaning Oliver, Laurel, John, Lyla, Roy of course, Tommy, Felicity, Quentin, Dinah and Rene.

"I have to admit, this is a lot more lowkey than your last 18th birthday bash." Laurel said to Thea as they all sat down to dinner.

"Yeah well, I don't see the need to have an outrageous party anymore. I've matured and I don't need to drink all day or do any of the other shit I used to do." Thea said with a smile.

"Cheers to that." Oliver said as they all raised their glasses.

"Surprised you're drinking." Quentin said to his daughter.

"J'onn did me an extra favor and cured my alcoholism and since none of the things that caused me to sink into it in the first happened, I should be good. I'm not saying I'm going to start drinking all the time again, but I can handle a glass of wine every once and awhile." Laurel said with a smile.

"So why didn't he do that for me?" Quentin asked.

"Probably because we used the memory gun to restore your memories while J'onn restored Laurel's memories personally." Oliver said.

"Of course." Quentin said.

"Honestly dad, I think it's better if you stay off the booze period." Laurel said.

"Fair enough." Quentin said.

"So, anyways, Ms. 18 year old, got any plans for what you're going to do besides being a vigilante after school?" Roy asked his girlfriend.

"I'm not sure. I mean, maybe I'll enroll at Star City university, but beyond that, I don't know." Thea said.

"Well, I've been waiting for the right time to tell you this and now seems like as good a time as any." Oliver said.

"Tell me what?" Thea asked.

"Last time I talked to Kara back in Freeland, she mentioned she was planning on opening up a Star City office of her paper and she told me that she wants you to run it. Apparently she heard about all the work you did as my chief of staff and she was very impressed by it." Oliver said.

"Wait, are you serious?" Thea asked.

"Completely. Go ahead and call her." Oliver said.

"I will do that tomorrow. Tonight, I just want to enjoy the fact that I am finally a legal adult again." Thea said and Oliver rolled his eyes as there was a knock on the door.

"I didn't think we were expecting anyone else." Laurel said.

"We weren't." Oliver said as he quickly grabbed a knife and headed to the door, only to relax when he opened it and saw who it was.

"Perhaps I should've called before I arrived." Nyssa said as she entered the mansion.

"It would've been nice, since I was going to stab you." Oliver said.

"Try to you mean." Nyssa said with a smirk.

"No, I mean stab you, since while you're good, we both know you're not good enough to beat me, if you were you wouldn't have needed me to kill Merlyn for you." Oliver said and Nyssa sighed.

"Fine, I'll acknowledge that, if only because I did not come here to argue." Nyssa said.

"So why did you come here? Your father is dead, you have the League, there's no reason for you to be here." Oliver said.

"Actually, there are matters that I think you should be made aware of. And of course, Thea and I did become rather close during our travels. I suppose she is the Queen I would've preferred to marry." Nyssa said with a smirk and Oliver just looked at her before shaking his head and showing her in.

"Come with me. And you know that would never happen right?" Oliver asked.

"Yes, Thea made that quite clear." Nyssa said as they entered the dining room.

"Nyssa, what are you doing here?" Thea asked as she got up and actually hugged Nyssa.

"I came to join in the celebration for my sister in arms." Nyssa said and Thea smiled.

"Why else are you here?" Thea asked as she sat back down and Laurel then hugged Nyssa.

"There are a few things I thought you should be made aware of." Nyssa said.

"Like what?" Oliver asked.

"I handed control of the league to Talia." Nyssa said.

"Wait what, why?" Oliver asked.

"After Sara gave me control of the League, I was thrilled. Then she restored my memories and I remembered how running the League was never truly my desire. But I remained in control of it until Talia returned. Running the League was always her true desire. Besides, I have a different task in front of me." Nyssa said.

"The Lazarus Pits." Thea said and Nyssa nodded.

"Talia and I agreed to keep the pit in Nanda Parbat operational, but only to be used in cases of extreme circumstances, but the others have to go. Before I left Nanda Parbat, Talia gave me two things. First, a squadron to help me on my task, since I'm sure I still have competition against the Thanatos Guild, since we can be fairly certain that Merlyn knew of the Pits too." Nyssa said.

"Why would the Guild still be interested in them?" Laurel asked.

"My guess would be the reason you were." Oliver said and Nyssa nodded.

"Athena will most likely attempt to use one of those pits to resurrect her fallen leader." Nyssa said.

"That's not happening." Tommy said.

"Agreed son of Merlyn." Nyssa said.

"What's the other reason you're here?" Thea asked.

"To give you a gift from myself and my sister." Nyssa said as she pulled out a package and handed it to Thea.

However, before Thea could accept it, Oliver noticed gas starting to fill the room.

"Everyone get down." Oliver shouted as guys in tactical gear entered the room as everyone else was knocked out.

"Waller is dead." Oliver growled before finally passed out.