Chapter 14

It had been a week since the incident with Thea and Felicity had barely left her lab since, trying to figure out what caused the malfunction in the pod, since every test she'd run showed that she'd accounted for the variable with the power generators, she couldn't figure out what had caused the glitch. Even with her new powers, she couldn't figure it out.

"Hey Felicity." a familiar voice said and Felicity turned to see Tommy Merlyn walking up to her.

"Aren't you at the wrong company Tommy?" Felicity asked.

"Actually, I was here talking to Oliver about setting up a deal to have Queen Consolidated buy Merlyn Global Group after he exposes my dad and the Undertaking." Tommy said.

"I wasn't aware that Oliver even needed to expose the Undertaking, since last time I checked, isn't your dad the only member of tempest that actually thinks it's a good idea since J'onn brought you to your senses?" Felicity asked and Tommy nodded.

"Yeah, still can't believe my counterpart from this earth actually thought that the Undertaking was a good idea. I am glad that I got a real chance to make things right with Oliver though." Tommy said.

"Yeah, your death was always one of the things that haunted him the most. Only surpassed by his guilt about not being able to save his mother and Laurel." Felicity said and Tommy could hear the jealousy in her voice.

"Oh, so that's why you've been working nonstop." Tommy said.

"What do you mean?" Felicity asked.

"I can tell that despite the fact that you say you're okay with Oliver and Laurel being together, you're jealous of Laurel being the one who got Oliver in the end." Tommy said and Felicity sighed, since she figured if anyone could understand it, it was the only other person who was in the same situation as her, since just like she'd lost Oliver to Laurel, Tommy had lost Laurel to Oliver.

"I mean, I can't exactly blame him for choosing her. After all, Laurel is smart, brave, a natural blonde and a recognized hero who actually gets out in the field instead of hiding behind a computer. Not to mention the history they have between them. Even before the death of the old universe, I was jealous of Laurel. I mean, when Darhk attacked me and left me in a wheelchair for months, all Oliver did was lock him up in prison. But the moment he killed Laurel, Oliver was looking for ways to resist Darhk's magic to kill him. I heard about his perfect life during that alien invasion. It involved him marrying Laurel, not me. I have always come in second to Laurel, even after she died. And then, even after I gave birth to our daughter, he still chose her over me." Felicity said angrily.

"Calm down. Look, I get it. When I first found out that Laurel chose Oliver over me, I was pissed too. I mean, even after everything he put her through, she still chose him. But I've come to terms with it. And I moved on." Tommy said.

"How?" Felicity asked.

"By actually dating other people. I realized that I couldn't let myself stay hung up on something in the past, since doing so would just cause me more pain. Maybe it's time that you finally put yourself out there." Tommy said and Felicity took a deep breath, since she knew that he was right. She needed to get back into the game.

"I know you're right." Felicity said.

"Then may I offer a suggestion on who to start with?" Tommy asked and Felicity rolled her eyes.

"Would it be you?" Felicity asked.

"Yeah. Look, even if it isn't a romantic date, I wouldn't mind having a friend to hang out with who isn't in a relationship." Tommy said and Felicity smiled.

"What the hell, why not. It's been forever since I went clubbing." Felicity said and Tommy smiled.

"Okay then. Tonight?" Tommy asked and Felicity nodded.

"Pick me up from my apartment at 7." Felicity said and Tommy nodded as she gave him both her apartment address and her phone number.

Over the next few days, Laurel couldn't help but notice how Felicity seemed happier than she'd ever seen her. Even happier than when she was with Oliver. Though she had a suspicion on the cause of Felicity's good mood, she wanted to be certain.

So, when just the two of them were in the Foundry, Laurel decided to confront Felicity as she worked, or really, she was testing her powers, since she'd told Team Arrow about them and while they didn't know where they came from, Oliver had decided to that they might as well use them.

"So, who's the guy?" Laurel asked.

"Wait, what?" Felicity asked, losing her concentration.

"It's clear you're dating someone, since you're no longer sending not so subtle glares at me every chance you get, so it's clear that you've met someone else. So who is he?" Laurel asked and Felicity smiled.

"Tommy." Felicity said and Laurel smiled.

"I should've guessed. You two do have a lot in common." Laurel said and Felicity nodded.

"Honestly, I guess we ended up with the men that were meant for the other. I got Oliver and you got Tommy, when it should've been the other way around." Felicity said.

"I guess so. So does this mean you've finally stopped hating me?" Laurel asked with a smile and Felicity smiled back at her sheepishly.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I guess it just took finally starting to date someone else to finally begin to move on. I had no right to be mad at you, since honestly, if anything, I kind of stole Oliver from you, not the other way around. He just chose to go with his heart this time. Bygones?" Felicity asked.

"Of course. And now we should plan a double date." Laurel said and Felicity nodded eagerly as they continued talking.