Chapter 15

"So, what exactly was so urgent that I had to leave a reunion with my parents, who are still alive by the way, so thank you for that Oliver, but anyways to come all the way out to Star City." Kara asked as she arrived at the foundry shortly after Barry did with an old man that Oliver assumed was Peter Gambi.

"You're welcome, but trust me, this is something that both of you will be interested in." Oliver said.

"Is this about the ASA?" Barry asked.

"The what?" Kara asked.

"A corrupt government organization that on my earth, caused nothing but trouble." Jefferson said.

"And they're also responsible for Thea being dependent on a serum to keep herself alive, since while she has powers in this reality, the cause of them has set off a reaction in her cells that has destabilized them. We had to put her in a cryogenic chamber until the serum was completed." Oliver said.

"Okay then. Anyways, what is that?" Barry asked, referring to the briefcase.

"It's something my team and I recovered when we attacked an ASA base in Freeland. I brought it here so that Felicity could decrypt it, which she did. The reason why I asked you to bring Gambi here is because he used to work with the ASA, so I'm hoping that you can tell us exactly what this data is." Jefferson said and Gambi nodded as he walked over and took a look at the data.

"This is better than I could've imagined. This is exactly what we need to take down the ASA." Gambi said.

"What is it?" Oliver asked.

"This briefcase contains the genome of every metahuman the ASA has ever come in contact with." Gambi said as Barry took a closer look at the list.

"Wait, some of these names match up with missing person reports filed to the CCPD after the accelerator explosion." Barry said.

"Great, so the ASA is abducting metahumans." Kara said sarcastically.

"This goes far deeper than the ASA." Gambi said.

"What do you mean?" Oliver asked.

"What I mean is that the United States government has been funding a metahuman program since world war two." Gambi said.

"Wait, what?" Oliver asked.

"It all started with an American soldier named Tyson Sykes. I'm guessing you can guess how a black man would've been treated during that time period, even by his fellow soldiers." Gambi said.

"Poorly. So I'm guessing he got court martialed?" Oliver asked.

"Not quite. He was given the choice between a court martial or being a subject to their enhanced soldier program. Sykes chose lab rat. And while the program killed hundreds of others, instead, it activated his dormant meta gene." Gambi said.

"The first meta." Barry said and Gambi nodded.

"But the United States government funded their metahuman program, first in Markovia and then here in the States, in Freeland to be exact." Gambi said.

"Markovia?" Oliver asked.

"Back on our earth, Markovia was sort of a secondary enemy for us, since they were trying to weaponize their own metas." Jefferson said.

"I see some things never change, regardless of the earth." Kara said and Oliver and Barry both nodded their agreement.

"What was so special about Markovia?" Oliver asked.

"During the Cold War, it was the perfect strategic location, close to Russia and at the time, lacking laws against human experimentation." Gambi said.

"Until I'm guessing the Markovian government was overthrown in a coup?" Barry asked and Gambi nodded.

"If the US government has had the serum to unlock meta powers this whole time, where's their army?" Kara asked.

"The only part of the program that survived was Sykes himself. But that's not relevant right now. What is relevant is that every president since FDR has known about and funded this program, which led to the start of the ASA and the creation of the formula that gave both Jefferson and your sister their powers." Gambi said.

"So what you're saying is that the United States government has been funding this program without anyone's knowledge for years? No wonder so many countries are distrustful of Americans." Kara said angrily.

"We need to let the world know about this." Barry said.

"That's why I asked Kara to come here. I figured we could use the only reporter who can get an exclusive with Supergirl to help get this out. Especially since she owns her own media firm." Oliver said.

"Gladly. This honestly would not be the first I've exposed corruption in the United States government." Kara said.

"Iris is going to be so jealous." Barry said.

"Well, sorry, but last time I checked, I'm technically her boss, so if she tried to keep this story from me, I could fire her." Kara said.

"Anyways, you think that this information will be enough?" Oliver asked.

"From what Gambi has told us alone, I'm sure. I'd need to go through the briefcase a bit more thoroughly to be sure, but it should have all the evidence I need to expose the ASA and the government." Kara said and Jefferson and Gambi both nodded.

"I also have people in Argus who owe me favors, I'm sure that they can help you find more evidence against the ASA." Oliver said.

"I also came here because during my team's assault on the ASA, we also rescued about a dozen metahuman prisoners and we're looking for a place to send them to keep them safe." Jefferson said.

"I'll handle that. My team actually put a bunch of metas into protective custody last year. Long story, but the point is that, I know someone who can get the metas into protective custody." Barry said.

"Okay, sounds like we've got a plan. We'll likely need to provide the briefcase as evidence, but something tells me that you'll find all the data you need in there." Gambi said.

"Let me take it back to my base to copy the data to our mainframe and then bring it back. That way I can review it on my own time." Kara said and Gambi nodded.

"You mean the DEO servers?" Barry asked, since that was where Kara had been based before.

"No, I have my own base right now, similar to Star Labs or your bunker." Kara said to Oliver and Barry.

"Can't wait to see it." Barry said.

"Looking forward to it, but now I'd really like to get back to National City, since like I said, my parents came back from the dead and I'd like to spend more time with them, but once this ASA mess is dealt with, there's something else I could use both of your help with." Kara said.

"What about me?" Jefferson asked.

"If you're up for fighting aliens, then by all means." Kara said.

"Aliens?" Oliver asked.

"It's a long story that I will tell you once this ASA mess is done so that way we can focus on one issue at a time." Kara said and they all nodded before she took the briefcase and they all moved to go their separate ways.