Chapter 7

The following week found Oliver once again standing in a courtroom, but unlike the last time he'd been in one, this time he was not on trial. He was simply giving his statement so that the courts could deem him alive.

"Mr. Queen, could you please inform the courts of what happened?" the lawyer asked and Oliver nodded.

"I'll never forget that day. After the Gambit went down, I dove into the water, trying to save Sara Lance. But then, before I could drown, my father pulled me into a life raft alongside himself and his bodyguard Dave Hackett. We drifted for days, but when my father realized that there was only enough food and water for maybe one person, he shot Hackett and then told me to survive before shooting himself in the head right in front of me." Oliver said, it being incredibly hard for him to admit, but he knew he needed to do so.

"Thank you Mr. Queen." the lawyer said as everyone tried to avoid showing the shock they felt at hearing what had happened.

"Your honor, we are filing to revoke the death certificate for Oliver Queen. However, as Mr. Queen just stated, we will not be filing to revoke the death certificate for Robert Queen. It appears that the Queen family is only entitled to one miracle I'm afraid." the lawyer said and Oliver took a deep breath, though he was happy that he'd gotten that off his chest early on.

"That couldn't have been easy telling everyone about your dad." John said to Oliver as they got in the car.

"The truth had to come out. Remember what happened when I kept this secret before?" Oliver asked.

"Of course. But considering what else was going on when that happened, I have to ask, what exactly are you planning to do when Emiko comes to town." John asked.

"I talked to J'onn about sending me some tech to restore other people's memories without his assistance and I plan on using it on her. To remind her that Dante had her mother killed and that the Ninth Circle betrayed her. She needs to remember who her real family is." Oliver said.

"Still, what happens if she doesn't want to join the team?" John asked.

"Then I'll deal with it. But I have faith that if she remembers the truth, then she'll do the right thing." Oliver said.

"I hope so, man." John said.

"Anyways, now that I'm legally alive again, it's time to pay a visit to Central City. I owe Barry a conversation and I'm hoping that Caitlin can help figure how Thea got her powers, plus, since I know Cisco is going to want to make all our suits and while he has measurements for your suit, my suit and Roy's, I want him to be able to make suits for Thea and Laurel to work with their powers." Oliver said and John nodded.

"Got it." John said.

Thea was on her way home from school when she heard someone walk up behind her.

"You know, it's not safe to walk home alone from school. Especially since you can afford a limo." Roy said with a smile as she turned to face him.

"Well, considering the fact that I can drown anyone who attacks me at will, I think I'll be fine." Thea said and Roy could tell that she was very tempted to attack him, not that he could blame her.

"Okay before you kill me, will you hear me out?" Roy asked and Thea nodded.

"Talk quickly." Thea said.

"Look, when I left, I thought for sure that I was doing the right thing. That I was protecting you from the monster that had taken me over." Roy said.

"You seem to forget that no one understood that bloodlust monster better than me." Thea said.

"I know. But it was about more than just trying to keep you safe. I needed to find a way to deal with the bloodlust before I could commit myself to you. And yeah, I know that just sounds like an excuse, but Thea, I really am sorry. And I know I don't deserve another chance, but I am asking you for one." Roy said and Thea smiled.

"Lucky for you, I do understand what you were going through. As long as you promise not to freak out and ditch me again, then yes, I will give you one more chance." Thea said and Roy smiled as they kissed.

However, the moment they pulled away, Roy could tell something was wrong with Thea, since she began to get dizzy and passed out in his arms.

"Thea? Thea wake up." Roy said as he tried to shake her awake, but with no luck.

He quickly pulled out his phone and called Oliver.

"Oliver, you need to get here quickly. Something's wrong with Thea, she just passed out in front of me." Roy said.

"Where are you, I'll be there as fast as I can." Oliver said as Roy gave him the location before hanging up and resumed doing everything he could to keep Thea alive and try to get her to regain consciousness.