Chapter 8

Thea was quickly admitted to Star City General after she passed out and now she was lying in a hospital bed with her family surrounding her.

"Thea, how are you feeling?" Moira asked her daughter.

"Like my entire body is on fire. What's happening to me?" Thea asked.

"The doctors are trying to figure that out right now sweetheart." Moira said.

"We'll figure out what's happening to you Thea. I promise." Oliver said as Dr. Schwartz walked into the room.

"Well?" Oliver asked.

"It appears that something is causing Thea's cells to deteriorate." Dr. Schwartz said.

"What, how is that possible?" Oliver asked.

"We don't know, but we're trying to get to the bottom of it." Dr. Schwartz said.

"Is it possible that it could be the result of substance abuse?" Oliver asked, since everyone in that room knew that Thea had a history of drug using.

"It's possible. Though from what I've heard, Thea's been clean for a year, unless there's something you haven't been telling us." Dr. Schwartz said as all eyes turned to Thea.

"No, I am clean, but maybe it's a delayed effect." Thea said and Moira nodded.

"We'll keep working on it." Dr. Schwartz said.

"Uh Dr. Schwartz, is there any chance I can get a copy of Thea's blood work?" Oliver asked.

"Why?" Dr. Schwartz asked.

"I have a friend in Central City who might be able to help out with not only what's wrong with Thea, but also find a cure for what's wrong with her." Oliver said.

"Since Thea is under 18, we'd need consent from her legal guardian." Dr. Schwartz said as all eyes turned to Moira and Walter.

"Absolutely. Also provide one to us so Queen Consolidated's biochem division can study this as well." Moira said and Dr. Schwartz nodded.

"Uh, can I have a moment alone with Ollie?" Thea asked and they all nodded as they left the two siblings alone.

"So, you think Caitlin can help me?" Thea asked.

"I think that since your powers are likely a cause of this, that yes she can. She's the best metahuman biochemist we've ever met." Oliver said and Thea nodded.

"I wish I could go with you, since I really wanted to get measured for my Cisco made suit." Thea complained and Oliver smiled.

"I'll give him the measurements he needs and also tell him about your powers. I'm sure you'll like whatever he comes up with." Oliver said and Thea nodded her agreement since she couldn't argue with that, since Cisco had yet to find an unhappy customer.

"I gotta get going." Oliver said and Thea nodded as she tried to get comfortable, despite how much pain she was in.

"Don't worry we'll figure out what's going on and help you." Oliver said and Thea nodded.

"I hope so. But while you're in Central City, please get your suit. Star City needs the Green Arrow." Thea said and Oliver smiled.

"I'll keep that in mind." Oliver said as he headed out.

A few days later, Oliver, Laurel, John and Felicity arrived in Central City, since John was Oliver's head of security and Felicity wanted to talk to Cisco about plans for the bunker.

They were getting settled into their hotel room, since Oliver had rented out a penthouse hotel suite in Central City for all four of them to stay in, when there was a knock on the door and John moved to answer it and after checking through the peephole, he opened the door to reveal Cisco and Caitlin waiting for them.

"Nice digs." Cisco said with a smile as he pulled a cart with several cases in with him.

"Is that?" Oliver asked.

"Your's, Dig's and Roy's suits. Like you requested over the phone, I have not started working on Laurel and Thea's yet. Where is Thea by the way?" Cisco asked, since he didn't see the younger Queen sibling anywhere.

"That's why I asked Caitlin to come here too. One new change about this reality is that Thea has powers now." Oliver said.

"Really, what kind?" Caitlin asked.

"Water based powers. But they're not from the accelerator and right now she's in the hospital due to what the doctors are calling cellular deterioration and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with her powers." Oliver said as he handed Caitlin as vial of blood and thumb drive.

"I'm assuming that this is a sample of Thea's blood?" Caitlin asked and Oliver nodded.

"And the drive is a copy of Thea's bloodwork." Oliver said.

"I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, I'd recommend putting her in some form of stasis to freeze the progression of the degeneration until I can find a way to stabilize her and with Thawne still in play, that will take time. Though now that he has two speedsters to use instead of one, that should allow him to speed up his plans." Caitlin said.

"Wait, two?" John asked.

"Barry can bring you up to speed on everything, but one other thing that's changed is that now he has a sister." Cisco said.

"And I'm guessing she's speedster number two." Oliver said and Cisco nodded.

"Yep. Though we knew her in the old multiverse as Jesse Wells, the daughter of Earth Two's Harrison Wells." Cisco said.

"Speaking of Earth Two, the reason I told you to hold off on Laurel's suit is because she now has the powers of her earth two counterpart." Oliver said and Cisco nodded.

"Got it. We can go to an old Star Labs airfield to do testing for your suit. It's where we did a lot of Barry's testing before we built the speed lab." Cisco said.

"Speaking of Barry, where is he? I owe him a talk?" Oliver asked.

"Check CCPD." Caitlin said and Oliver nodded.

"I'll be back soon. Cisco, why don't you and Felicity start working on plans for the Bunker." Oliver said and Cisco and Felicity nodded as he walked out of the room.