Chapter 3

"So, you're a meta now?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, I have no idea how though since I wasn't anywhere near Central City when the particle accelerator exploded." Thea said.

"Well maybe it has something to do with your extracurricular activities?" Oliver said.

"You mean my drug use?" Thea asked.

"I thought you were getting better before the memory restore?" Laurel asked her.

"I am, but maybe it was a result from when I was still using." Thea said and Laurel nodded.

"We'll figure it out. And in the meantime, maybe we should get the team together. Do you know if Cisco's memories have been restored?" Barry asked.

"You can always call Barry and ask him." Thea said.

"Yeah honestly, I'm trying to avoid talking to Barry or Kara for as long as I can." Oliver said.

"Why, I thought they'd be happy that you're alive?" Laurel asked.

"I'm only alive because I got very lucky. A year before crisis, I made a deal with Mar Novu to save Barry and Kara's lives at the cost of my own. Barry found out about it during the crisis and honestly, he was horrified that I traded my own life for his, even though it's a decision that I standby still. He and Kara were needed to help create this new world and that couldn't have happened if they'd died." Oliver said.

"Still, Barry is our metahuman expert and I'd like to know why I have powers now when I didn't before." Thea said.

"You're going to have to face them eventually Ollie. Better to do it on your own terms." Laurel said.

"I know. I'm just not looking forward to dealing with how ungrateful they're going to be." Oliver said.

"What about Sara? Are you planning on charging into Nanda Parbat and bringing her back over your shoulder?" Thea asked, changing the topic and Oliver chuckled.

"Sara can take care of herself, I honestly would not be surprised if she challenged Ra's for her freedom. We'll likely be seeing her within the next few weeks." Oliver said.

"Aren't you worried she'll lose?" Laurel asked.

"Sara has faced far worse than Ra's. If she can survive fighting an army of shadow demons at the dawn of time with nothing but her skills and her batons, I think she can handle herself." Oliver reminded her.

"Right sorry, it's just Ollie, I've lost her twice now. I can't lose her again." Laurel said.

"And you won't. And I'm gonna make sure that she and everyone else never have to worry about losing you again." Oliver said.

"Darhk." Thea said.

"I'm not making the same mistake I did before. Since I can still remember how to block his magic, the moment I get him in my sights, I'm going to put as many arrows into him as I have to make sure that he stays dead." Oliver said and Thea smiled, since she'd never seen Oliver this protective of Felicity, even after she'd been put in a wheelchair by Darhk.

"Please do. Now anyways, we should get back to dinner before your mom starts worrying or worse, listens in." Laurel said and Oliver and Thea nodded as they followed her back into the foyer where someone else had joined them.

"I told you man, Yachts suck." Tommy Merlyn said and Oliver smiled as he hugged his best friend and Laurel and Thea especially smiled at the reunion, since they were the only ones who knew just how much of a burden had been lifted from Oliver's shoulders seeing Tommy alive again.

"Tommy." Oliver said.

"I knew you were too stubborn to be dead." Tommy said with a smile.

"Now that all the guests are here, we can eat. I've made sure to have all your favorite meals, minus fish of course, prepared." Moira said and Oliver smiled.

"Great, I'm starving." Oliver said as they let Raisa lead them into the dining room.

"So Oliver, what are your plans now that you're back?" Walter asked.

"Actually Walter, I was hoping I could shadow you at QC for awhile so that I can learn everything I need to take over." Oliver said, much to everyone, especially Laurel and Thea's, surprise.

"Really, I didn't think you'd have much interest in the company." Moira said.

"It's what dad would've wanted me to do and honestly, I want to leave behind a better legacy than just one of a drunken playboy." Oliver said and Moira smiled.

"We'll start setting you up tomorrow. After your court appearance so we can have you legally resurrected." Moira said and Oliver smiled.

"Can't wait." Oliver said.

"For once he's gonna be in court and not be on trial. This I wouldn't miss for the world." Thea said.

"Really, I thought the first few times of me being in court would've been enough for you." Oliver said, giving his sister a hard time.

"I know if it were me, you'd be there." Thea said, since she genuinely felt guilty about missing Oliver's return before.

"I'm sure it'll be an emotional experience for us all." Moira said.