Chapter 5

When Oliver and John arrived at the apartment building, they found Laurel waiting outside for them.

"Laurel, this is my new bodyguard, John Diggle." Oliver said.

"I wouldn't exactly call him new when he's been watching your back for 8 years now." Laurel said with a smile as she hugged John, who hugged her back.

"It's good to see you." John said.

"You too." Laurel said.

"Laurel, I'm so sorry." John said, only to have Laurel stop him.

"It wasn't your fault. You're not the first person to make the mistake of trusting the wrong person. And besides, I'm alive now, which is all that matters in the end." Laurel said.

"How is it that you always seem to see the good in everyone?" John asked with a smile.

"I'm starting to think that Sara and I are opposites. She tends to see the worst in people, I prefer to see the good in them." Laurel said.

"Speaking of, have either of you heard anything from Sara?" John asked.

"Well I know she's alive and she remembers, since she was a paragon, but I'm not sure where she is. If I had to guess though, she's likely either working to get her freedom from the League or trying to kill Darhk. Probably both." Oliver said and Laurel sighed.

"I just hope that she doesn't get herself killed." Laurel said.

"Laurel, Sara has faced far worse than Damien Darhk. She'll be fine. In fact, I almost feel sorry for Darhk for what she's going to do to him when she finds him." Oliver said.

"Bastard deserves it." John agreed.

"Anyways, I believe that we are here to do some apartment hunting, so let's get to it." Laurel said as she headed inside the building, Oliver and John following her in.

"Huh, different building than you had before." John said as they entered the elevator.

"New earth, new apartment. Especially since my old place has memories of a different relationship." Oliver said and John nodded.

"I'm really hoping that Felicity doesn't freak out when she finds out that you chose me over her." Laurel said.

"I'll deal with that particular challenge when I have to." Oliver said and Laurel nodded as they exited the elevator to find the real estate agent waiting for them.

"Mr. Queen, my name Tanya Hughes and I am very happy to see that you are considering buying this penthouse." the realtor said.

"I have to admit, when I heard about this place, I was expecting it to be a bit more done." Laurel said, since it looked like the penthouse was still under construction.

"You'll have to remember that this whole building is relatively new." the realtor said.

"It's fine. The way I see it, it means that I can make some extra changes to it. How long will it be before this place is ready to move into?" Oliver asked.

"About two weeks, but it could be longer depending on any additional renovations you want to make." Tanya said and Oliver nodded.

"Why don't you show us around. Tell me more about this place so I can determine if it's worth paying the price the owner is insisting upon." Oliver said and Tanya nodded as she led them through the apartment.

"Well, this penthouse includes two floors and a private elevator that only opens in this apartment and the lobby. As you can see, it has a large, state of the art kitchen, which opens up directly into the living room, which is large enough that you can furnish it, probably any way you like, a nice dining room that you can use whenever you're entertaining company, 2 half bathrooms, a laundry room and three additional rooms, one of which you use as an office space." Tanya said.