Epilogue

Writer's Note
As requested, here's the Epilogue.
Enjoy! :)

-----------

Two and a half years later

"Come on, sweetie. Go put on your shoes. We're going to be late." Aaron said to his five years old daughter, Claire, who was busy playing with her doll.

"Okay, daddy." The little girl replied.

Aaron walked a few steps away toward his other daughter, Clara who was trying to put her shoes on, "Need some help?" He asked sweetly.

The little girl shook her head and smiled, "Nope. I'm a big gurl daddy."

Aaron smiled proudly and gently stroked his daughter's hair, "I know."

"Daddy, where's mommy?" Clara asked, noticing her mom wasn't ready yet.

He sighed, knowing his wife's tardiness, it looked like they were going to be late for the Thanksgiving dinner in his in-law's house. No matter how many times his wife had convinced him that  his father-in-law didn't hate him, he still thought otherwise. The man was always being somewhat cold  and distant toward him, it scared him sometimes. So, being late to a family dinner was definitely something Aaron needed to avoid.

"I'll go get her." He said to Clara, who nodded.

He went into their room and as he stood in the doorway he saw her still dressed only in her underwear facing her back against him. His urge to nag at her suddenly disappeared when he saw her. Lately, it was hard for him to be mad at her for a great reason. The same reason that made him smile every time he got up in the morning.

She was busy choosing her clothes, she didn't notice him yet.

"Hey, are you ready?" He asked softly.

She jumped a little at his voice and turned around to face him, revealing a large bump on her belly.

She pouted and groaned, "I have nothing to wear!"

He let out a soft chuckle, "What do you mean?" He started, raising his eyebrows slightly. "What about that blouse you're holding?"

She frowned, "It doesn't fit me anymore."

He walked toward their closet and pulled out a maternity dress he knew she just bought last week. This gotta fit, he thought.

"What about this dress?" He asked.

She shook her head, "I just wore that a few days ago."

He sighed. There was only one way to convince her to get dressed. "I tell you what. Just wear this dress for today, and we'll go shopping after dinner." He suggested and her face lit up at that. "Your dad is going to kill me if we're late for the Thanksgiving dinner." He added.

She smiled like a little kid, "Promise?"

He chuckled at her childlike smile, "Promise."

"Okay, now leave. So I can get ready." She shoved him away toward the door.

He rolled his eyes, "Ten minutes, max."

She nodded before closing the door, "Okay."

Precisely ten minutes later, she was miraculously done and the family of four left their apartment and drove their way to Scarsdale. The twins sat at their car seats, humming into the Toy's Story soundtracks, their favorite movie, playing in the car.

"You've got a friend in meee... You've got a friend in mee.." Claire and Clara sang together in the car.

Emma looked at her step-daughters through the rear-view window and smiled while absent-mindedly rubbing her belly. Aaron joined her in a smile.