Chapter 3 - Déjà vu

Chapter 3
Déjà vu

It was Saturday, it's been a week since Emma started working. As much as Emma love spending time with Lucas, she finally relieved when the weekend came. Working in as an environmental lawyer is not as easy as she imagined it would be. There’s a lot of research needed to be done for one single case before even they can come up with any strategy. She spent the whole week researching both online and offline. She even had to go to a public library after work to find more references. She’s exhausted.

Today she had something she had been looking forward since Tuesday. Hailee, Ben’s fiancée is coming to New York yesterday. Hailee spent the night at Rachel and Ross’ Scarsdale home. Today Hailee will pick Emma up at her apartment and they will go to a lunch together, do a quick shopping, and went home to Scarsdale right after.

Emma was waiting for Hailee at the street in front of her apartment. She spotted her mom’s white BMW and she waved her hands at it. The car pulled over and Emma hop on into the passenger seat.

“Hailee!! Hi!! I love your dress!!” Emma said as soon as she entered the car.

“Thank you! Rachel actually bought it for me yesterday.” Hailee said.

“Wow. My mom really like you, huh?” Emma said with a smile.

“I know! We even text each other almost everyday. I didn’t even do that to my own mother!” Hailee said and Emma smiled proudly.

“So, how’s the wedding preparations?” Emma asked.

“It’s almost finish actually. We had everything planned. The venue, the catering, the decor. And the dress!” Hailee pointed out the word dress and Emma could see her eyes sparks at it.

“Tell me about the dress!!” Emma asked excitedly.

“Your mom introduced me to this designer. He had a gorgeous collection of wedding dresses!! Let me tell you! I spent literally the entire day choosing the perfect dress for me! Everything are so beautiful! I wish you were there though.” Hailee said.

“I know!! I wish we live in the same city.” Emma sighed.

A few minutes later they pulled out at a lunch cafe. They both sat down, ordered their meal, and chatted.

“So, the reason why I visited New York is this.” Hailee said as she pulled out a pink box with a white ribbon on it and gave it to Emma.

“What’s this?” Emma asked curiously.

“Just open it.” Hailee said as she sipped her coffee.

Emma carefully opened it and she gasped. On top of it there is a card with the words ‘Will you be my bridesmaid, Emma?’ written on it. Behind it there’s a gorgeous one strap mint bridesmaid dress.

“Is this for real?” Emma asked, still didn’t saw it coming. She’d never thought Hailee would ask her since she knew Hailee had a lot of girl friends she closed with.

“Yes!! So? Will you be my bridesmaid?” Hailee asked hopefully as she winced her eyes.

“Yess!!! Of course it’s a yes!!!” Emma yelled excitedly and Hailee giggled.

“Okay, chill Ems. People are looking at us like some kind of crazy girls.” Hailee giggled.

“Oops.” Emma blushed as she looked around them and saw people actually staring at them.

“This is so gorgeous!” Emma took out the dress from the box and gushed over it.

“I’m glad you like it. I was about to ask you to be my maid of honor, you know? But you lived in New York. So I asked my best friend, Alice instead. I hope you don’t mind.” Hailee said.