Chapter 11 - Christmas Wedding Part I

Chapter 11
Christmas Wedding Part I

A few weeks later.

After that morning, Emma didn’t have time to think things thoroughly, or honestly she was scared to think about it. She was scared to hurt Molly if she’d ever found out the reason for her breakup with Aaron is partly Emma’s. Yes, a week after that morning, Aaron had told Emma that he had broken up with Molly. She was stunned at first, but then he assured her that even though the thing between him and Emma didn’t happen, he’d still break up with her anyway. He said the main reason was because the long distance relationship wasn’t working out for them and it drove them apart. Despite all the speeches he had prepared to assure her, she still felt a sense of guilt, for deep down she knew it was her who somehow encouraged him to break up with Molly.

It was a hard decision to make and the fact that Molly and Aaron just broke up, making things harder for them. She didn’t want to just jump right into him, because it wasn’t fair for all three of them. They all needed their space to think and to be apart from each other. That’s why until today, Emma hasn’t made a decision whether to accept or decline Aaron’s offer to give them a chance, a fresh new start.

There were more important things for her these days. It was Ben’s wedding just in a few days and as a bridesmaid, she needed to focus all of her thoughts and energy and make sure everything was perfect. That’s the least she could do for both Ben and Hailee.

Meanwhile in another apartment a couple blocks away, Aaron on the other side started to get agitated by the fact that Emma hasn’t come up with a decision yet. Although he had promised her to take her time, he couldn’t help but get more anxious day by day. He didn’t want to lose her, yet he wanted to give her a space and not sounds too pushy and all.

He got nothing to do this weekend. Emma was going to Ben’s wedding which he didn’t get invited to, so he couldn’t come. His family is the least people he wanted to see, not because he hates them, but because they could be too much to handle sometimes. His mom would ask a lot of questions regarding his break up with Molly, obviously. His dad would chip in and give him tons of speeches for no reason. His twin half-brothers weren’t living with their parents anymore, as they all already started their own family, but they could be nosy and annoying sometimes. Another reason not to come home again this weekend, is that he needed his own space to think.

And there was Molly. The innocent girl he had hurt badly along the way. The worst part is he got to do this by phone due to their distance. What kind of jerk am I? He thought. That particular phone call was coming back to his mind. She sounded upset and hurt from the three words he said. He laid his back on his bed when he tried to recall the conversation he had with Molly a few weeks ago.

“Let’s break up.” Aaron said over the phone.

“What?” Molly asked, confused by his words.

They were doing fine. She was even hoping for a ring on their anniversary in January. But now, he asked for a break up? She was left clueless. Then it suddenly hit her. There’s only one reason for him to ask for a break up. A reason she hoped she was wrong.

“I-Is there someone else?” She asked the million dollar question after a few minutes of silence which let her sink in his words.

“Y-yes, but that’s not the only reason.” Aaron explained. He felt guilty and all but she needed to know the truth. She deserved it.

“Y-you.. You.. You cheated on me??! You slept with that bitch??” She yelled angrily. She couldn’t hold it any longer. How dare he sleep with another woman?

“No!” He yelled back then sighed, before he continued, “I didn’t sleep with her. We just kissed. That’s all.”

She scoffed at him, “Huh! You kissed her? Do you think that will make me feel better?”