Chapter 7 - Surprise

Chapter 7
A Surprise

It’s been about a week since Jack Sr. funeral took place. Emma has been working nonstop ever since, to made up for her leave of absent the week before. She had managed to tell Lucas how she felt and they decided to become friends in spite of everything. Meanwhile, things with Aaron didn’t seem to show any progress yet. They did have dinners for the third time last night, but he haven’t make a move. But that doesn’t stop Emma to falling in love with him every single time. She couldn’t get him out of her head. She missed him every time, it made her went nuts. She never felt this way with another man before, and yet she’s now feeling it with a man that isn’t even her boyfriend. She started to get agitated day by day.

She needed to get this off from her head before she goes crazy. She decided to call Aaron and to ask him to meet her later tonight. She hoped tonight she would find out what’s in stores for both of them. She picked up her phone and dialed his number.

“Hello?” Aaron answered.

“Hi..” She waited a beat and continued, “I was wondering if you want to watch a movie tonight and maybe grab a dinner after?” She asked.

“That’s great! I was about to ask you anyway.” He replied

“Really?” She asked in a rather cheerful tone, maybe more than she expected to come out.

“Yeah, I got a surprise for you. Anyway, I’ll pick you up at seven?” He said.

“Okay, see you.” She hangs up the phone.

Her hearts beats faster than it ever could.

A surprise? Is he finally going to ask her to be his girlfriend?

Whatever it is, it made her heart fluttered. She couldn’t wait for tonight.

Later that night, Emma was wearing a black Louis Vuitton dress her mom bought for her latest birthday, a brown coat for the chilly weather,  a pair of black boots, and a Prada black hand bag. She was glad that her mom kept her work at Prada, because she gets 50% off for most of the collection and Emma love their designer bags. It’s one of a common thing she could only shares with her mom, since her two siblings and her dad weren’t interested in fashion.

She took a last glance at the mirror for the 100th times that day and finally let out a satisfied smile. Soon after, Aaron came over to pick her up and they made their way to the cinema. This week the cinema was showing some older movies, and they decided to watch ‘The Notebook’. A perfect movie date, Emma thought. Just like when they watched Maroon 5’s concert almost three weeks ago, Emma would stole a glance at Aaron every now and then. Their hands would accidentally brush into each other as they grabbed their popcorn, Aaron gave her a sweet smile every time. She blushed like a tomato for only God knows how many times that night. She just wished that they were officially a couple, so she could kiss that beautiful lips of his. Something she had to resist the whole damn time.

“So.. How’s the movie?” Emma asked as they made their way to the restaurant, a block away from the cinema.

“Yeah.. Not bad I guess. I don’t mind watching anything if it’s with you.” Aaron replied with a smile.

There. Another flirt and yet he haven’t kiss her. It made her frustrated.

She decided to ignore his remarks and asked something that has been on her mind for the entire day, “You said you have a surprise for me?”

“I cannot tell you anything before we arrived at the restaurant.” Aaron said.

“Oh, come on!! Just tell me!” Emma whined.