Chapter 13 - Christmas Bliss

Chapter 13
Christmas Bliss

Christmas Morning

It was a white  Christmas in Boston. The snow covered the entire city in white. Emma opened her eyes and immediately smiled at the memory she had from last night. Emma and Aaron were walking at the park outside the hotel, strolling around in a cold winter night, snuggling with each other. They sat on a bench where they kissed and talked about their relationship and their life. Emma hugged her pillow closely and smiled. For once she felt content about her love life. She had finally found the one.

“Hey.. Good morning, lover girl.” Rachel greeted her eldest daughter who just emerged from her room with a smile.

Emma smiled back, “Good morning mom and merry christmas.”

Rachel walked toward her daughter and gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheek, “Merry christmas, honey.”

“Merry christmas, princess.” Ross who was standing in the kitchen said.

“Merry, christmas, dad.”  Emma said as she gave her dad a hug and then sat on the stool in front of him.

Rachel joined her shortly.

“Thank you, mom.” Emma suddenly said.

“For what?” Rachel looked at her, confused.

“For last night.. Uhm.. For bringing Aaron in and lent him a tux.” Emma said shyly.

Rachel smiled and replied, “It’s okay. Uhm, and Ems?”

“Yeah?”

“Is Aaron going to join us for dinner tonight?” Rachel asked.

Emma pondered for a moment before nodded and replied, “I think so. I haven’t asked him yet, but I think he’ll be glad to join us. If that’s okay with you guys?”

Rachel looked at Ross who gave her a nod, “Of course we’re okay with it. I’ll call the restaurant to change the reservation.”

Rachel then left to grab her phone at her bedroom and called the restaurant. Ross and Emma were chatting in the kitchen when Emmery, Ella, and Ashley emerged from their bedroom.

“Merry christmas everyone.” Ross said with a smile which was quickly returned by them.

“Merry christmas, dad.” Emmery said.

“Merry christmas Uncle Ross.” Ashley said nicely.

“Merry christmas, daddy!” Ella gave Ross a big hug before she continued, “Can we open the present now?” she asked, hopefully.

Ross smiled, “After the breakfast, sweetie.”

Ella nodded and sat at one of the chairs.

Rachel came back and they all ate their breakfast. After breakfast, the family gathered around the Christmas Tree and they opened their present.

Ella was the first one who opened up her present, she quickly ripped out the wrapping and found a receipt of a science camp for the next year’s summer and a mirrorless camera she had been asking for months.

“Science camp, mom?? Is this for real??” Ella, who was more excited by the receipt than the camera asked  excitedly.

Rachel smiled and nodded, Ross beamed proudly, while Emma, Emmery, and Ashley giggled at Ella’s reaction.

“Awesome!!” Ella screamed in joy. “And thanks for the camera.” She added.

“What a geek.” Emma joked which earned her a stare from both Ella and Ross.