Chapter 14 - Into The Night

Chapter 14
Into The Night

It was a crisp December evening in the city of New York. The holiday was over, but lights and Christmas ornaments were still decorating the whole city together. Today was a couple days before New Year. A couple walked hand by hand in the busy street of Manhattan. The man rested their intertwined hands into his pocket as the woman rested her head into his shoulder.

“So, where are you taking me?” Emma asked.

Today was their first official date. Aaron had planned everything perfectly and he intended to keep it a surprise.

“You’ll see when we get there.” Aaron gave her a smile while she pouted.

It was snowing and she kinda hated the idea of getting her dress all wet, but she couldn’t be mad at him on their first date so she gave up,“Fine.” She muttered.

He chuckled a little at her, she was obviously sulking and he found that cute. Oh, she will be all smiling when we get there. He thought.

“We’re here.” Aaron stopped at a small building.

It doesn’t look like a restaurant or an apartment. It looked like some old small abandoned shop from the outside.

She raised her eyebrows and faced him, “Please tell me you’re kidding.”

“I’m not?”

“What???” She asked in disbelief.

Why would we go to such a place on their first date? She asked herself.

Aaron left a giggle after he saw her bewildered expression, “Let’s go inside.”

Emma was still puzzled by this, but she reluctantly went inside the small shop.

A man greeted them, “Do you have a reservation?”

“Yes, two party under the name Goralnik.” He replied politely.

The man then checked his notebook before letting them in, “We have the table ready for you, Sir. Follow me.”

They then followed the man and entered a room that was previously covered with black full-sized curtain. As soon as they entered the room they gasped. There was only a single table in the room. It was set with candles and a vase of white lilies on top of it. A bucket of ice and red wine was set next to it. The room was dominated in the color of white and cream and there was a large window which showed a small garden full of fruits and vegetables. There was also a small fountain surrounded by flowers in the middle of it. It was a greenhouse connected to the room.

“It’s beautiful.” Emma managed to say as they sat on their chairs.

“You like it?”

She diverted her attention to Aaron and smiled, “I love it. Thank you.”

He took her hand and gently stroked it, “I’m glad you like it.”

The waiter then came in to pour them the wine.

“Don’t we have to order?” She asked after the waiter just left without handing them a menu.

He shook his head, “Nope. It’s a full course meal. I've ordered everything before.”

“Really? What kind of restaurant is this?”

“Well, the chef is a client of mine. The restaurant only served two tables per day, one at a time. He managed to slip us into one after I told him about my plan. It usually took you up to three months to book a table.” He explained.