Chapter 4 - Choices

Chapter 4
Choices

It’s 7.30 pm in New York. Today was the day Emma was going to have a dinner date with Lucas. Emma has to be done in 15 minutes before Lucas would come and pick her up. Erica was there with her, helping her choosing the dress she has to wear for the date.

“What about this?” Erica asked as she takes out one of Emma’s dress out from her closet.

“Too slutty.” Emma replied as she continued to finish her make up.

“This?” Erica showed her another dress.

“Too fancy?” Emma said.

Ughh.. Okay. This?” Erica showed her another dress. She started to get agitated.

“Oh. No no no! I’m not going to wear that on the first date. It’s too revealing!” Emma said.

“For the loves of God just pick something Ems!!!” Erica yelled in annoyance. They’ve been spending half an hour choosing a dress and yet Emma said no to most of it.

“Alright. What else you got?” Emma said as she now straightened her hair.

“I need you to choose between this blue dress or the pink one.” Erica said as she held both dress in her hands.

“Okay. The pink one.” Emma said.

“Oh, and I’ll use the blue one tomorrow.” Emma added.

“Okay, sure.” Erica said. Finally! , she thought.

“Thanks.” Emma gave her a smile.

Ugh. I envy you.” Erica said as she sat down at Emma’s bed.

“Why’s that?” Emma asked.

“Well, you have two cute boys going after you and I have no one.” Erica replied.

“Wow. What about that Jeremy guy you were seeing?” Emma asked.

“Oh, he’s the worst!! He tells joke all the time! It feels like I was going on a date with my dad!! It gave me goosebumps every time I think about it.” Erica said and Emma giggled at her explanation.

“I know exactly what you mean! Once, I dated this guy in college and guess what?” Emma asked.

“He loves dinosaur??” Erica guessed.

“Bingo!!! All he talks about are dinosaurs!!” Emma chuckled.

“Really?? I still don’t understand why your dad loves dinosaur so much.” Erica said.

“Well, that’s make us two. Ella somehow didn’t mind it though. She’s the only one in the family who actually interested with it.” Emma said.

“At least your dad has someone to talk about dinosaur to.” Erica said.

“Yeah, I’m glad he did.” Emma smiled.

Just then the girls heard a bell rang.

“I’ll open it for you.” Erica said and left.

After a few minutes, Emma finally done and she went to the living room and found Lucas was sitting in the couch and having a conversation with Erica.

“Are you ready?” Emma asked with a smile.

Lucas then turned his body around and gasped.

“Wow. You look so beautiful.” He said and it made Emma blushed.

“Thank you. You look great too.” Emma managed to say.

“Oh, and this is for you.” Lucas gave her a bouquet of white roses.