Chapter 6 - Memories

Chapter 6
Memories

Summer, 2008

It was a sunny Saturday morning when The Green-Geller car pulled out to the driveway. Today, the family of four, Rachel, Ross, Emma, and Emmery were visiting Ross’ parents’ house in Long Island, a couple block away from Ross’ old house. They had sold the house a few years ago and bought this slightly smaller house right after. While six years old Emma was on her school break, the family decided to spend a night at Jack Sr. and Judy Geller’s three bedroom house. The Bing, Chandler, Monica, Erica, and Jack were also going to spend the night there. They will be having a barbeque party on the evening. Due to Rachel and Ross’ busy schedule it’s been a month since the last time the family visit Ross’ parent.

As soon as they arrived, Emma quickly ran toward Jack and Judy who were waiting at the porch.

“Grandpa!! Grandma!!” Emma squealed in joy.

Jack Sr. quickly gave Emma a hug.

“Hello, my little princess. We’ve missed you so much.” Jack Sr. said as he brushed Emma’s bang aside.

“Look at you. Did mommy cut your bangs?” Judy asked to Emma. The last time they saw her, Emma still had a long messy  hair. But a few weeks ago Rachel cut it shorter and added a bang.

Emma nodded while she smiled brightly.

“Mommy cut it for me. She said the weather is going to be hot soon, so I need to cut my hair short.” Emma said cutely.

“Oh really? Look how smart you are. You’re just like your daddy, aren’t you?” Jack Sr. said sweetly.

Emma blushed.

“Grandpa, is Erica and Jack here yet?” Emma asked.

“They’re inside. Let’s go.” Jack Sr. said as he held Emma’s arm on his.

Since Emma was born, Jack Sr. finally felt like he was actually had grandchildren. Of course Ben was the first grandchildren of the Geller family, but they barely seen him. Now, that they had five grandchildren the house is much more alive and they couldn’t be happier.

Rachel held her son Emmery, who was sleeping on her arms as she followed Emma behind, while Ross left dealing with their overpacked luggages. Rachel saw how cute Emma is around her grandparents. She loved her grandparents so much it made Rachel and Ross proud.

Rachel put Emmery on one of the guest bedroom where they’re going to sleep in later. Rachel and Ross would take the guest room downstairs with Emmery. Monica and Chandler will sleep in the guest room upstairs, just across Jack Sr. and Judy’s room. While the kids, Emma, Erica, and Jack were going to sleep in the living room where Jack Sr. and Judy had prepared a mattress for them. It’s not the first time they all spent the night in this house. Rachel love Ross’ family just like her own, so she didn’t actually mind to spend weekends here. Plus, she could use some girl time with Monica while the dads and the grandparents were dealing with the kids.

Chandler had set up a tent with a help from Jack Sr. earlier today. Later that evening, Emma, Emmery, Erica, and Jack were playing in their back yard. Chandler was assisting Monica in the barbeque station, while Rachel and Judy were chatting at the swing under the tree.

Emma is very close with Erica, meanwhile Emmery always follows Jack around, but Jack didn’t really mind. He’d rather play with Emmery than play with Emma and Erica and their dolls.

Ross and Jack Sr. decided to teach the boys how to play soccer while Emma and Erica played with their doll inside the tent. Emma saw them playing and laughing, then she decided to leave Erica alone and joined them instead. That day she found soccer more interesting than her dolls.