Chapter 8 - The Visit

Chapter 8
The Visit

It was around ten at night when the Green-Geller family reached their home. It was dark, but Emma could easily spot a man figure sitting at their porch. The car pulled over in front of the garage and now the entire family could see clearly who was the man standing at their porch.

“Isn’t that Janice’s son?” Ross asked, puzzled.

Rachel then turned her head around to Emma who was sitting behind Ross in silences.

“I think you have a company.” Rachel smiled and said to Emma. Emma gave her a faintly smiled.

Emma wasn't sure what Aaron was doing in front of her house, but she knew she couldn't escape him this time.

Meanwhile, Ross was getting a little bit agitated. He doesn’t like the idea of a man talking with her daughter in the middle of the night.

Ross cleared his throats, he was about to say something when Rachel stopped him and shook her head, silently telling him to leave her daughter alone.

“Alright, let’s get inside then.” Rachel said to Ella and Ross.

“Is that your boyfriend?” Ella asked in an annoying way which earned her a look from Emma.

“No, he is not.” Emma replied sternly before continued, “I’ll talk to him for a minute.”

“It’s late, don’t talk to him too long.” Ross said.

Emma hopped off the car without saying anything, while the remaining family members followed her and went inside their house.

After everyone was inside, Emma sat on a bench and asked Aaron to sit next to her.

“What are you doing here?” Emma asked, breaking the awkward silence between them.

“Uh.. I was worried about you.” Aaron confessed.

Emma sighed and replied, “I’m fine, now you can go. It’s late.” Emma said as she stood up from her seat.

She was about to enter her house when his hand stopped him, taking her by her wrist.

“What do you want Aaron?” Her voice came out a little bit higher than she expected. She was upset with him for giving her false hope, whether he realized it or not.

“What’s wrong with you Em? You were fine the other day and then last night you just stormed out just like that and decided to ignore my texts or my calls? Do you think you can just do that to a friend?” Aaron who was also getting mad raised his voice. He doesn’t understand what’s gotten into her. He thought they can finally be best friend, just like they used to be.

A friend? Emma could feel a pang in her heart. He only sees her as a friend, nothing less nothing more? That’s it? After the amazing week they’ve spent, he considered her only as a friend?

At this point she doesn’t care anymore. She’s gonna say everything that has been lingering on her minds for weeks now. She doesn’t even have a chance to think about the consequences. At least not now.

“A friend?? Wow..” Emma asked in disbelief and Aaron said nothing.

“Are you trying to get back at me for rejecting you at the prom? Is that it?” Emma now started to accuse him. She was beyond mad and upset. She wasn’t thinking clearly.

Aaron couldn’t believe what he just heard. One thing she clearly didn’t know about him, he’d never ever try to hurt Emma in any way.

“Woahh.. Now you’re accusing me???”  Aaron said as he placed both of his hands on his head and started to pace around the porch.