Chapter 15 - Blizzard

Chapter 15
Blizzard

Scarsdale, Rachel and Ross' House

Today was the first day of 2025. The whole family, including Aaron, Ashley-who spent the holiday with The Gellers, and Hailee were having dinner prepared by Rachel and Ross. Ben and Hailee had flown to New York yesterday morning to spend the New Year in New York, the city where Ben grew up in. The second part of their honeymoon, as Ben would call it.

"So, how was the honeymoon?" Rachel asked with a grin.

Ben and Hailee just got back from their honeymoon in Hawaii a couple days ago. Hailee and Ben's skin were perfectly tan, which caused Emma and Rachel to feel jealous. Ross could hear Rachel mumbled something about planning a trip to Hawaii soon, but he brushed it off.

Ben and Hailee smiled at each other as Ben rubbed his wife's hand gently with his thumb. The whole family's attention was at the newlywed couple. Aaron also took a glance at Emma who clearly couldn't hide her enviousness properly. He silently chuckled at that. Maybe someday it was their turn. Maybe.

"It was wonderful." Hailee said with a smile as Ben squeezed her hand.

"It was. Until our last day when Hailee suddenly got sick." Ben said and then he shared a knowing look with Hailee, still smiling the whole time. Emma and Rachel looked at each other and gasped. Meanwhile Ross, Emmery, Aaron, and Ella were left clueless at the hint Ben was putting.

"Oh no. Are you feeling okay now? Maybe you should visit a doctor. Wait a minute. I have this doctor's number who live just a few blocks away from here. Or maybe-" Ross was rambling with a hint of worry on his face. Rachel lightly squeezed his hand and shook her head while smiling at him. This left Ross even more puzzled than ever. "What?" He asked.

"Oh honey.. Maybe what they were trying to say is, you're going to be a grandpa." She then paused and turned her face around to Ben and Hailee, "Am I right?"

Ben and Hailee nodded and smiled at their parents.

"Wh-what?" Ross paused. "You're pregnant?" He asked Hailee and she nodded. Ross then faced Rachel, "I'm going to be a grandpa??" He asked again, because everything just felt surreal for him. I mean they just came back from their honeymoon the other day.

Rachel smiled and nodded. Her eyes got misty all of sudden. It hit her. She was going to be a grandma. Sure, Ben wasn't her biological son, but never once she didn't treat him like her own and neither does Ben. Rachel and Ben had a strong bond ever since Rachel and Ross got married twenty years ago.

"Yes, you are." She paused. "And I'm going to be a grandma!!" She squealed in joy.

"And I'm going to be an aunt!!" Emma joined her mom.

"Me too!!!" Ella chipped in.

"Aww.. Congratulations you guys!" Ashley said then she kissed her boyfriend's cheeks. "And you're going to be an uncle."

"I know, right! Congratulations bro." Emmery said.

Emma smiled at her boyfriend who was clearly overwhelmed by the joy, "I can't believe this. I'm going to be an aunt." She whispered.

Aaron smiled as he put away strands of her hair and tucked it behind her ears, "You're going to be the coolest aunt ever." He whispered back.

Emma chuckled and nodded, "I know." She sighed happily as she looked at her family one by one. By this time next year there will be an addition to this family. And she couldn't be happier just to think about that, imagining herself playing with her niece or nephew. It warmed her heart. She was truly happy for her brother and her sister-in-law. They would make a perfect parent, she thought. She then landed her gaze into the person sitting next to her, her boyfriend. Her life was perfect lately with him, sometimes she had to pinch herself just to make sure it wasn't a dream. She silently prayed for only good things would come to them in the future so that one day they would be the one who broke the good news to her parents.