Chapter 2

The rich earthy smell of leather was hanging heavy in the air

The rich earthy smell of leather was hanging heavy in the air. I must have dozed off in the car with my face down. I moved my head and winced, finding it taut and sore. I parted my lips and breathed through my mouth to reduce the pain from the sickness. But it didn't feel right. My mouth was dry, and I had a funny feeling in my tummy.

I felt weird. I could feel half of my head pounding and the other numb like it wasn't even there in its place. I know I shouldn't have stolen Chateau wine from Valerius's liquor cabinet, Carina had said no so many times, but it is my job to not listen to her.

Without opening my eyes that feel like they had been glued shut, I reached aimlessly for the medicines sitting on the bedside table by Carina. Instead, I found the cold floor touching my fingertips. I rubbed them together, feeling dirt on them. My home has wooden flooring with no speck of dust.

I tried to pry my eyes open to see if I had passed out on the floor near the dog's cages. Panic grabbed me when I had difficulty opening them. I clenched my teeth together, gathering some strength. With great difficulty, my eyelids opened in half. The smell of lilacs overwhelmed my nostrils. It was nauseating, not the precise blend in Carina's perfumes.

On one go, all my senses started to work. I heard a woman's moaning, followed by a grunt of an animal. My body jerked awake, afraid that I had really passed out near the doghouse. Pushing the weight of my upper body, I dug the heels of my palm on the floor to sit up. The spine unlocked from its place one by one, making a scary ticking sound.

Through my heavy-lidded eyes, I saw a woman lying on a plush mattress, a huge naked man with a bald head and hair all over his body was fucking her. The man being the source of the animalistic growl. My insides coil in fear as I notice the man is holding the metal chain above him tightly and the force of his thrusts is pushing the woman away from the mattress. He would roughly grab her by her hips and pull her back to him every time her body went too far.

My eyes widened in alarm, hands flew to my mouth to cover my screams. Dreadfully, my eyes moved to the woman. The floor beneath me slipped to see a crooked smile on her face. She wants this. She is not getting raped.

My gaze was still fixed on the woman, waiting to see any anguish in them. Her gaze moves from the man she had been looking at - like he is a god- to find mine. They flared with a newfound interest to spot me looking at her. She beamed at me happily. Her facial features were sharp. She won't be more than 30.

"I was wondering when will you wake up." She giggled like a girl, her body still rocking with the man's thrust.

Sweat trickled down my spine, my body shuddered in fear. The man harshly grabbed the woman's jaw to have her attention back to him as he spoke something to her in Russian in his rough voice.

He made a loud growl from the back of his throat when he came. The sound resonated in the room, giving me a hint of how big the place must be. But my eyes were still glued to the couple. Dread settled in my bones when he pulled out of her, afraid he might come to me next.