Chapter 18

I had informed my father I would meet with Lebedev today to discuss our plans to deal with the Kovalyovbratva, who are trying to breach our territories

I had informed my father I would meet with Lebedev today to discuss our plans to deal with the Kovalyovbratva, who are trying to breach our territories. Last night, they almost came closer to victory. But before that could happen, our soldiers ambushed them, with no casualties on our side and a man we captured. But we won't be as lucky the next time.

"Plant one of ours." Lebedev answered dryly, giving his plan to deal with the other bratva as we discussed our plans to secure our territory in Lebedev's office. Petrova, one of the Brigadier, glanced at me. I keep my expression closed down. He shouldn't be waiting for Pakhan's son to speak first. I can trust him to take my side, but he'll be one of those leeches whom you rather prefer not to have on your side. Being twice my age, I expect him to have some respect for himself.

"We have a scorpion tattoo on our shoulder, Lebedev. You are getting old." I taunt and turn my gaze toward Petrova. He smirked upon noticing my gaze. "And the new ones we had shipped from Russia have a heavy accent. Unless we learn how they communicate, we have nothing." I speak sluggishly, running my fingers over the wooden table.

"The one we have is a hard man to crack. If someone manages-" Lebedev couldn't even complete informing about the man we captured before Petrova intervened, declaring to make the captured man sing like a canary for us. He rushed out to torture and make the Kovalyovbratva soldier speak.

The fresh batch of cops in the city is hard to be bought. After several casualties during the protests, a few months back, many of our puppets have died or taken early retirement. Petrova's area has seen the most changes. Every week, one of his drug labs gets busted. He needed this chance to prove himself to my father.

I wait for him to be out of earshot before grabbing Lebedev by his collar and hoisting him from his chair.

"You motherfucker. You knew what happened to Valerius." I growl in his face. My hands itched to grab the gun, and put the bullet in his chest.

"You need to work on your daddy issues, Kazimir." he spat bitterly, grabbing my wrist to free himself.

I ram my knee on his stomach, twisting his hand back. He lost his foot and fell back, toppling over the chair behind him.

"Dima!" Lebedev shouted for his security guarding outside, to rescue him.

"Dima will keep you safe as long as I want him to. You can't double-cross me and my father. We will join hands just to destroy you." I said dryly, sitting on my haunches in front of him.

Lebedev pushed his hand over the chair it collided against the corner of the wall. His flushed face showed a glimpse of the man he once used to be, a gang leader.

"You are disrespecting the only man who could get any politician on his knees with one phone call. This syndicate isn't a business startup for engineering grads. You can't buy a share and fucking take over." He growled, dusting his clothes as we rose to our feet.