Chapter 22

Wide-eyed, I stare at the raised scars on his chest and torso

Wide-eyed, I stare at the raised scars on his chest and torso. Living with Valerius, who is forever dressed from head to toe, whether like an off-duty supermodel or a ruthless business executive. I'm not used to seeing naked upper bodies at all. The only man I was intimate with was Nero, who didn't bear any scars and his tattoo on the back is a Camorra tattoo all made men have. So it completely took me aback seeing these many tattoos, especially with how big Kazimir is. They are larger and hands down one of the impeccable tattoo works. My eyes do a quick scan, not getting to decide which one to ogle at until I found the tattoo of navigation. A small arrow swirled around it and pointed to his right bicep. Before I could follow the arrow, I noticed the jagged scar that marred his navigation sign tattoo, right over his heart, with an anchor in the middle. The scar obviously came after the tattoo. I come closer to take a better look and point a shaky finger at it, feeling a rise in skin and hardness compared to his skin.

"2 years ago." He answered simply, running his palm over my hand in a soothing manner, just like I had done earlier.

"Who?" I ask venomously, getting my teeth to suppress my rage as if I had it in me to go out and slaughter who had dared hurt him.

"The other bratva, several casualties. I thought I was going to die without meeting you." He spoke softly.

"You would have been relieved." He chuckled. I felt the buzz of his laughter as my palm remained over his chest.

I curl my fingers and punch in his scar, wincing as the pain tingles in my fist.

"Don't say that." I halt when I looked at the tattoo on his left arm the arrow was pointing towards. Carefully, I brush my fingers over it, afraid my trace would smudge the art. Squinting my eyes to readjust my focus, not believing what my eyes were witnessing.

A compass... A pirate's compass covered his bicep, morphing into a rose as it met his elbow. A little girl's face was tattooed along with the compass. At one glance it looked it the girl was drawn above the compass. But at a second glance, it looked the other way around. What took my breath was those sorrowful eyes of the young girl looking straight looking.... looking right at me.

"T-that's...." I couldn't complete my words, as raw emotions clogged up my throat. That little girl was me, the sorrowful expression in my eyes. I had looked straight into it every time I would stand in front of the mirror. Checking on my physical flaws. Trying to find out what's wrong with me. Exactly which cosmetic surgery would do me right made me look like a woman.

He wiped my tears I hadn't known I had shed and kissed me sweetly. I ran my hands on his back, feeling the risen ink on his skin and what felt like a deep gash. My mind was occupied with hundreds of thoughts about wanting to keep kissing him, feeling him inside of me, tracing his tattoos with the tip of my finger, and kissing each one of them.

Kazimir decided for the both of us by pulling my top over my head and throwing it in the corner of the room. I followed where the fabric lay, then to Kazimir's face. The question his ruggedly handsome face held to seek my permission.