Chapter 4

The door behind the wall of the cage before mine jerked open, banging against the wall, the loud crash awakening me from my sleep

The door behind the wall of the cage before mine jerked open, banging against the wall, the loud crash awakening me from my sleep. I never had trouble sleeping. I only needed to close my eyes to doze off. But I had reached my limit now.

My eyes no longer had the heaviness on them. The room was at a better temperature, so I slept while splaying my legs wide. It still hurts to be on the floor. My powder pink robe had turned a matted brown from absorbing the dirt from the floor.

Her heels clank against the floor. I rolled my eyes without hurting my head, as I knew Trixie would be coming with my food. She gave me a wide grin like she was a housekeeper serving food to me while I was laying on the cosy bed. She opens the small latch with one hand while balancing the tray of food in her other hand, standing in her high heels.

She sat down before me at a safe distance, crossing her legs, causing her short dress to ride higher. It was still awkward considering I had seen her naked. I cut my gaze and look down at the tray. Like a flicker of bulb switching on in my mind, I regard the tray and the plate, flicking to the other empty plates from the last time I ate. It was a decorative glass tray, it had small cracks and the golden colour was crooked, similar to the handmade ceramic plate. Both had once cost a good amount. This place is not a low-level brothel but an exclusive club. The room I am in is set to look like a dungeon for the kinks.

I closed my eyes and reminisced, except for the first man I had seen with Trixie, others looked handsome in their own way, their clothes carelessly dropped on the floor were costly.

The snap of Trixie's finger pulled me out of my thoughts. When I glanced at her, she raised her brows, pointing her eyes towards the plate. I nodded meekly, still thinking about it as I didn't want to let go of the thoughts that flashed across my mind.

As Trixie started for the food, my eyes slowly raked over her body. No visible signs of needles. There was only a small tattoo on her hip that looked like a brand imprinted on her.

The insides of her finger had a slight burn mark. I closed my eyes and inhaled. She rakes of nicotine the probable reason I despise her so much.

"D-don't they give you any food." I whispered, faking sympathy in my voice. Trixie's lips parted as she had not been expecting that question, but she shook her head.

I smiled inwardly, freaking liar. Then everything began to take place. If I stand correct, I have been here for around 4 days now. This isn't a jail cell to hold off their prisoners before they are sold off like cargo. There are strong chance, that nothing would happen to me without my consent.

Trixie's accent, the breathy moans of the other girls, their sultry words it's all American. They were not dragged here from a different country. I might not be getting sold in the flesh trade, but they are playing with my mind, expecting me to do something. They want to break me.

"I am s-sorry." I apologize meekly to her.

She pursed her lips and nodded. I handed a roasted chicken leg in her palm. She gripped it like I had handed her a live grenade.