Chapter 30

Igor's eyes widened, mischief dancing across them reminding me of a kid on Halloween day who can't for trick and treat

Igor's eyes widened, mischief dancing across them reminding me of a kid on Halloween day who can't for trick and treat. He throws his head back and laughs at me, the echo bouncing across the cold room. For no reason, I look at Igor's man to confirm or deny. Not getting any response from him I shook my head. No, this can't be true. He is a crook he just wants to break me. I can't believe a word he says.

"You thought you had my son wrapped around your fingers because he agreed to sign pre-up for you," he laughed, slapping my cheek sympathetically. I don't averse to his touch too stunned to move. Was Kazimir playing me all along, my brain battled with the will to still believe in his love and see the reality. How else would Igor would have known about the pre-nup. There is only one reason, Kazimir have must tried to do things without violence but when I called the cops he realised the only way he could have everything was if his father handled things his way.

"Your brother died the day you were taken. He killed your brother and then attacked the mansion. Funny he didn't find the time these days to tell you that." He gave a once-over to my body, the insides of my thighs were branded with the small hickeys Kazimir had given me.

"My pussy whipped son forgot why you were taken and I am going to rectify this mistake now." he said his voice registered in my mind like I was underwater without any will to emerge to breathe. Valerius didn't love me, but he was my brother, the only family I loved and cared about. Igor slapped me into consciousness, I looked up at him, dazed with teary eyes.

"Sign these papers. It's a marriage agreement." He suggested still chuckling pulling the paper from his suit pocket and clicking the golden pen, pushing the paper toward me, the back of his hand thrusting in my chest inappropriately. Disgusted I took a step back and tried to read the paper in the dim light.

My eyes squint to focus, not believing the name to be real. I let out a throaty laughter, his face trembled trying to control his fury from surfacing. I gave him a once over with a haughty look.

"And you will be my groom," I say crossing my arms across my chest, crushing the agreement in my fist.

"10 days tops, myshka. We'll be lawfully wedded, you'll hand over your inheritance to me then you will be to back to your family. If they still want you..."he cooed. His hands patted my head, pushing the wayward hair sticking to my face very gently.

"You killed my brother and now you want me to sign the inheritance I don't even know if I have." I croak. The thought of having anything on my name never even crossed my mind. If there was something actually named after me, I would have remembered signing the papers. I don't even know or care who paid the bills after my father went to jail. Who was in charge of paying the money to the maids stocking our fridge.

Valerius left me a college fund when we graduated from high school. There were a lot of zeroes there. I just wanted to have them with me saved for the rainy day just in case. I must have inherited something... but after Valerius.... Everything.