Chapter 29

I always loved thriller slasher movies, a group of friends going in the jungle for a weekend full of booze and adventure suddenly meeting a crazy guy with a machete

I always loved thriller slasher movies, a group of friends going in the jungle for a weekend full of booze and adventure suddenly meeting a crazy guy with a machete. I always imagined myself being the main girl who fights against all odds. Now being in the back of the car, preparing to be slaughtered by a bratvapakhan's hands. I am having trouble making up my mind, there are two of them with guns and knives and I am all alone without ammunition. Valerius isn't bulky like Kazimir it's his brain that is the most powerful thing about him. He never underestimates his opponents. But these men out of here peg me for a weak princess. I can catch them by surprise perhaps. I am a lot of things but a coward. Physically weaker but not a coward.

Somewhere between making up my mind to fight back, I notice the driver has gone somewhere and Igor is alone barking orders on what looks like a satellite phone. I look to my left and see an old house the height of a small hut, Besides that, there is a trail leading towards the jungle. if I lose them I would have more chances of surviving with the potential threat of animals than being in their clutches.

I leap to open the door slowly. The moment the door was opened the door to my other side was opened as well. I let out a war cry as his hand clamped over my ankle, I gave him a hard donkey kick with my other leg. My feet collided with his face but I didn't look back.

not even a second could go by before both my ankles were captured and dragged. I heard myself shrill, my nails digging into the leather of the car as I struggled to grab a hold. In an attempt to kick at Igor again, I lost my grip on the seat. Air whooshed out of my chest as I went airborne falling down on the ground face first. I barely manage to turn my face away to save my nose from breaking. My jaw hurt so bad even the pain of having my leg broken at the concert wasn't this painful. But I just knew I needed to run. I promised myself to do that only after allowing myself to close my eyes for a second. An instant relief rushed in my head like a lullaby hushing me to sleep. My lips curved at the dreamy sensation. But the dreamy sensation couldn't last long because I heard a loud thud behind me. My body rattled awake, he had lost his foot and fallen down.

I jerk upright move forward, 5 strides... 5 strides were all I could have before Igor grabbed me by my hair. The sound of the rip of my hair was so dreadful before his own war cry echoed in my ears. Pain tried to stop me from leaving I still moved forward, more hair ripped from my roots but I still ran losing my slippers and the grasp he had on my head. I lost my balance every time the slippers slipped from my feet. My hands remained outstretched catching on air as I sprinted.

A loud boom echoed in the surroundings, the bullet went cutting through the leaves of the smaller plants like a snake slithering through his path before It etched into a tree not 10 feet away from me. My feet root to the ground, I freeze feeling like the vines were slowly wrapping around my body, capturing me. My heart hammered so loud inside my chest I feared it would just leap out it.

"So that's the language this mafia princess understands." Igor's voice met my ears, I turned around to face him. One hand still had his gun trained on me, while the other tried to shrug out a large chunk of my hair he had wrapped around his fingers.