Chapter 8

When my eyes fluttered open I instantly let out a flustered scream

When my eyes fluttered open I instantly let out a flustered scream. Before checking for my surroundings I knew where I would be finding myself, another cage, another attempt to break me. I should give this to Mikhailov, he is persistent in his own way to not directly cause me any physical harm.

This time my situation was different, more on the comfortable side. My head was on top of a plush pillow, my body over a double spring mattress, under a warm blanket. When I opened my eyes and rolled to my side completely I saw the wooden flooring. The ceiling above me seemed way too high so I scooted in a sitting position leaning my back to the hard wall behind me. The ceiling was indeed high, more in my eyes as the mattress was placed on the floor, at the corner of the room, the wall beside me felt different, I knocked on my knuckles over it, finding it to be drywall. I was in a room with hard concrete behind me and two possible drywalls. In front of me were metal bars, a few feet from the wall on the other side which had a door.

and also a door that is inside my cage. I stood up on unsteady legs to check if the door opened. Upon opening it I found a big luxurious bathroom it seemed like it was made from gold and upon running my fingers through them my guess was cleared. The decorative mirrors surrounded by golden leaves were made of actual gold. On top of the counter sits a towel, a pair of clothes, and undergarments. The bathroom smelled heavenly, the only odd thing was my odour as I was smelling literally like a pig. There was another door in the bathroom that didn't open. I got rid of my clothes and hopped in the shower. Desperate to feel the water over my body I quickly touched everything, turning both the overhead shower and rain shower heads on.

After cleaning up I changed into a clean pair of undergarments which were exactly my size and overly sexy for my liking and a pair of yellow rompers. I tried to look for a hairdryer but there weren't any hair appliances, and my mood soured thinking back to my real situation.

When I emerged from the bathroom sulking, I shrieked as Mikhailov was standing between the narrow space between the wall and bars. His shoulders were merely an inch away from getting stuck between them.

"There are certain rules you have to follow here." He shot in his rough voice, his gaze following the water droplets trailing down from my face down to my neck, his eyes flickered back to me when the droplets finally disappeared between the valley of my breasts.

My cheeks flushed, crossing my arms across my chest I cock my hip to the side giving him a meaningful glare.

"Oh, I l-love games. I was never a part of the athletic team but I love g-games." I faked the over-enthusiasm in my voice.

"My name is KazimirMikhailov, brigadier of the bratva. We are in New York. In my territory. There will be consequences if you try to defy me. This..." He spoke like he was telling me a weather report.

I rolled my eyes deliberately, I didn't need to know that. The only way I will get out of here is if Valerius bothers to save me or the bratva gets what they want from the Camorra or me in a body bag.