Chapter 13

It is awkward being in someone's company after a long time

It is awkward being in someone's company after a long time. Especially when that certain someone in question has taken you from your house against your will, and has given you threats. But now that same person is giving me a puppy dog eye to stay with me. At least I didn't smell bad now. Maybe that's why he didn't stay with me before and now that I am fresh as a Daisy, he wants to be here.

"Don't you dare jump to the mattress." I growl over my shoulder at Kazimir as I feel him hitching closer. It becomes particularly awkward when you begin to forget what he did to you and have quick dreams of spending the rest of your life with him because he is so freaking handsome. So facing his direction was not an option and sleeping on my back gives me a headache when I look at the high ceiling.

"Can't sleep." He answered simply.

I turn around, propping my elbow on the mattress as I cradle my head in my palm and I stare at him in disbelief.

"It's called getting a taste of your own medicine. Why are you here anyway? What exactly will you possibly be gaining here? Are you planning to use me as a smuggling vessel by shoving drugs up my ass." I demand stuttering as usual. I, for some reason, feel okay to stutter in front of him now and he hasn't once mentioned anything about it. I have spent thousands of our black money on therapies to stop my stuttering and only now with him, I have noticed that my stuttering has become a lot less.

Kazimir obviously found my fear funny since I knew he wouldn't make fun of my flaw as he rolled on the floor laughing. I checked out his ass to make an outline of carrying a gun or maybe a knife, but I was getting distracted as his laughter echoed in the empty room. The muscles on his back shifting as he continued laughing was freaking distracting.

"I am serious. I have seen documentaries. Valerius says that he doesn't make anyone do it. But I'm always worried that someone might slip something on my luggage to frame me." I shiver at the thought, remembering my first flight out of the country. I was sweating like a whore in the church.

"No one knows how he operates." Kazimir spoke between his laughter.

The humor between us faded. Kazimir tried to touch my hand, but I didn't allow him as I push into a sitting position, throwing a meaningful stare his way.

"Is he looking for me?" I ask bluntly because anything Valerius is planning to do or maybe has attempted already Kazimir knows it. Even if they are just letting me go, my head immediately lowers in shame. Valerius is practical. His sister's abduction will neither enrage him nor will the shame of being attacked force a violent response out of him.

"Your father is back." Kazimir tells me after pondering his response. I really wanted to do a dramatic double-take on that. My father is back. He is a waste of space in some people's eyes. But I see a bigger game in all of his doings. I couldn't care less if he died in a prison brawl. I don't have any shame in being a mafia princess, but I feel ashamed of being his daughter. For what he did.