Chapter 6

Ruslan got more daring with time, flopping on my chair watching Gaia with his wide hazel eyes like mine and that manic gleam

Ruslan got more daring with time, flopping on my chair watching Gaia with his wide hazel eyes like mine and that manic gleam. I flustered to see the hint of admiration in them, slapping the back of his head I snarl.

"She's mine."

Ignoring the threat in my voice, he shrugged asking. "Doesn't she have a sister?" Already aware that Gaia doesn't have a sister.

"Shut the fuck up, Ruslan, and prepare for the move." I roar, grabbing him by the back of his neck and showing him out. Changing my jeans and t-shirt, I slipped on a three-piece suit.

Ruslan was in the corridor typing on his phone, giving me a side-eyed look he drawled, smirking.

"You know nothing can make you look like a gentleman."

Ruslan isn't rugged like me, his features are a mix of the best features of our parents. His curly hair is tamed, and every tendril is twisted with precision naturally. Whilst mine is a fucking mess that I push back with a headband, or in a short ponytail like now when I try my best to look like a decent man.

Slipping on my suit jacket I thunder past him and motioned to the guard standing outside to leave. I had feared Gaia might try to hurt herself or do something stupid. When I unbolted the locks, a few mouses jumped out quickly pawing through the corridor. Ruslan's cackles rang out in the corridor. I shut the door with force muttering curses. I knew it was fucking juvenile.

Loosening the tie on my neck, I took deep breaths to cool down before meeting Gaia face-to-face for the first time. She wouldn't be on the receiving end of my anger, but she might end up seeing me in the state more than I would want. Her action had fucked with my plans. She was supposed to beg me to let her out. I was going to haul her in my arms and croon in her ear.

More of the rats gathered near the door, I had the urge to shoot every one of them and watch their flesh fly in the air. When I crossed the wall partition a rat landed on my Testoni shoes. My eyes watched the rat jerk one last time before his body went limp.

My gaze flitted toward Gaia, slowly raking my eyes over her body. Barefoot, long legs on display in her tiny jumpsuit. She was holding the whip, like a baseball bat, tossing the rodents out of her cell. She knew I was here but she blatantly ignored my presence. I scoffed in humour at her audacity and my stupidity, I had brought this upon myself. I should have used someone to get to know her. Or maybe Gaia would have come with me willingly, to do something rebellious for the first time in her sheltered life.

Another one landed near my foot with a squelch. Her creamy legs came closer to my view, the splashes of blood standing out against her pale skin. She looked like a hot wild woman. Even after spending 5 days in here the soft smell of her perfume is somehow still hanging in the air.

Gaia prowled towards me when the cell was free of the rats, except one she was carrying on the whip now holding like it was a pancake over a spatula.

"Myshka." The term of endearment escaped from my mouth. My heart warmed to call her that. A little mouse it meant in Russian. Right now my Gaia looked more than just a little mouse trapped in a small cage. Her brown eyes assessed me with a predatory glare, and that sexy smirk pulling on her perfect lips, my dick twitched inside my pants. My own lips tipped up. She was still caged behind the iron bars but her body language was so full of confidence it felt like the situation was the other way around.