eight

The next day, I walked to school on my own. I didn't bother to wait for Eita so I entered the school grounds on my own.

I saw him, just for a short moment before I dash towards my classroom. He didn't get to catch a glance towards me. But I saw him. He was looking around as if he was looking for me.

As if. He was probably looking for Briell.

"Hey, girlie. You feeling alright?" I felt Quell's hand rubbed soothing circles on my back.

"Yea. I just caught myself up in a cold, is all." I grinned weakly, hoping she'd buy my lie.

She did. She sat down on her seat and laid her head on the table, copying my movements and stared deep into my eyes.

"Eita came by when you were absent." She said. "He made a bento for you, but since you didn't came he gave it to me."

My head shot up, my spine straightened.

"What?"

"He gave it to me. The bento he made for you." She said. "Didn't he tell you?"

So he didn't gave it to Briell.

So why was he blushing? And why did he say he did?

I need to go see him.

I cursed when the homeroom teacher entered, setting his book on the podium.

It was now lunch time. I sat in my seat, fidgeting with my fingers.

"I'll see you later." Quell waved happily, dashing out of the room to meet her boyfriend.

Right now I can only depend on Eita. Wether or not if he'll come, it all depends on him.

What if he didn't? He must've seen my how my indoor shoes were replaced with my outdoor shoes.

What if he left me for Briell?

A loud thunk was heard. I stare at the lunch box settled in front of me.

My eyes connected with his.

Eita had a small pout on his lips, eyes uncertain as he clasped the fabric that was wrapped around the lunch box tightly.

He pulled a chair in front of my desk, taking a seat when he saw I wasn't going to go ballistic.

He unwrapped the fabric slowly, displaying two stacked lunch box underneath.

He made me a lunch box.

I couldn't help but launch myself on top of him, almost toppling him over.

His arms wrapped around my waist securely, glad that I had forgiven him.

"I'm sorry." I whispered into his hair.

His head was buried into my shoulder, sighing a long breath he had hold in.

He smelt of lavender. The scent smelt stronger this time.

"Why did you lie to me?" I said, sliding down so my head rested in the crook of his neck. He rubbed my back.

"I'm sorry." He chuckled. "I was mad that you didn't tell me. I missed two busses for you."

I almost burst into tears. My hands tightened around his neck.

"You're going to choke me."

"That's nice."

He made me homemade grilled prawns with a vegetable side dish, toppled with rice.

It almost looked like fried rice if he threw in soy sauce in it.

Everything had returned back to normal. Our usual everyday talks were back to normal. He didn't bring up Briell, which was a relief.

But... there was something that bothered me. It was the fact that he fed Briell.

He didn't deny it that day. In fact he was flustered, which is rare for him to do.

Because the only time I saw how flustered he became is when I hugged him the first time.