twenty-five

listen to the following songs to immerse yourself

love never dies - jurrivh

crying alone - jurrivh

a river flows in you - yiruma

lots of love, from me to you

<3

___________

"Are you sure you still want to go, Honey?" Amanai questioned her sick husband, worried laced in her tone. 

Tendou had become increasingly weak these past few months. On some days, he couldn't even bring himself to eat a spoonful of porridge. His children and wife mulled over on how to bring Tendou to the hospital due to his refusal.

He never liked the hospital. Actually, he loathed it ever since his lover passed.

Tendou looped the sage green stems over the flowers once again, repeating the same process. The young, winsome tulip petal brushed against his greying hands gently and he momentarily recalled the touch of Meraki against his.

"Yes, dear." Tendou smiled weakly at his wife. He loved Amanai. Truly. He had cared and loved for her as one do for their treasured friend.

Tendou wanted to visit Meraki's grave once more. As time pursues, he felt if he hadn't gone today, he won't be able to visit her again.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Amanai offered as she stirred a hot pot of tea, serving a cup for her husband. 

Tendou thanked his wife. "You'll catch a cold." Tendou shook his head. "I can go myself."

"But it isn't safe, honey-"

Amanai was silenced by the sentimental expression Tendou had worn on his face. He looped the stems silently, his lips turning into a thin line.

Amanai sighed. She was worried for him. "Okay." Amanai whispered instead.

The clock ticked 10.01 am when Tendou had gotten ready to leave.

Amanai had him dressed warmly, making sure he was in optimum condition before she sent him off.

While she wrapped him in a thick scarf, Tendou observed her. 

"Thank you, Amanai." 

Amanai's glistening orbs blinked at Tendou. She chuckled. "So suddenly?"

It wasn't as if Tendou hadn't shown an ounce of affection towards her. But for him to speak such words that seemed to hold much value, how it weighted on her heart was foreign to her.

She knew he loved her, she just never expected his words would warm her heart after so much years have passed.

"Thank you for remaining by my side." Tendou offered her a weak smile. "Thank you for bearing our beautiful children."

Amanai halted at his words of gratitude. Squeezing the soft material of the scarf, she lifted her gaze to stare into his eyes.

Oh. Amanai realised.

His eyes never looked so sincere. It shone so brightly despite his senescence. He was truly thankful that she of all people had remained by his side.