fourteen

When I had arrived at my stop, I waved goodbye to Tendou and he tiredly waved back with a small smile on his face. I watch the bus drive past me as I strolled along the sidewalk lazily.

"Hey."

Someone had grabbed my shoulder, squeezing it tightly making me turn around in a panicked state.

Eita stood before me, staring down at me from his height.

I always hated when he does that, but I grew so exhausted I didn't even bother to tell him off.

"God, you scared me." I placed a hand over my beating heart. I calmed myself down.

"I called you three times." He said as he made his way by my side. Our shoulders were brushing against each other's as we walk down the sidewalk. "Didn't you hear?"

I shook my head no. "I've been thinking a lot." I shrugged my shoulders.

"About who? Tendou?"

My head snapped to his direction and I could feel my face heat up. He was staring at me from the corners of his eyes, analysing my flustered state.

Tendou? And I?

"No!" I said almost immediately, a little too loud.

Shit. That just made me even more suspicious.

"Well." He shrugged it off and rested his gaze in front of him. "He dropped volleyball recently. Any idea?"

I pursed my lips together.

"No idea." I whispered after a long pause.

He sighed in a frustrated manner and ran his hand through his ash blond locks. "I realised you had been eating lunch with him. Why is that?"

We walked in silence when I didn't answer. He had taken a few worried glances in my direction but my eyes stared ahead of me, ignoring his overwhelming presence.

My mind drifted to our encounter earlier today; when he confessed to me that he had a crush on Briell. How he flinched away at my touch. And how he made our situation more awkward than before without a hint of remorse of what our condition we were in.

"I knew for a while now." I stated. My voice almost silent against the rustling leaves. "That you had a crush on Briell."

"Was it that obvious?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at me.

He was a genius in hiding his feelings, so this probably sounded like bullshit to him. But it's better lying than to confess.

"To me, it is." My voice lacked emotion, and he realised because his steps faltered for a moment. "Eita, we've known each other for so long. I'd be stupid if I hadn't realise."

Eita didn't say anything. "So that's why you've been ignoring me?"

My eyebrows creased together before it relaxed almost immediately. "I guess you could say that."

He sighed harshly. "Why would you do that?" He snapped. His features contorted, showing that he was irritated.

And he was pissed. Very pissed.