twenty-one

Please play the song when it is mentioned later in the story :)

_____________

Why am I laughing again?

My eyes pooled with tears as I clutched my stomach, letting out a soundless laugh.

Tendou was folded in two on the chair, his head on his knee as he bounced his feet on the floor, humoured.

"Let me see it again. Let me see it again." I pleaded as I clawed weakly at Tendou's arms, forcing him to show his phone to me.

He had showed me a hilarious video of a slice of bread standing vertically for five minutes before it fell on it's side.

I don't know why I find it so funny, but I do. It's the funniest thing I've seen all week.

Tendou, with his trembling hands from trying to contain his laughter made it's way to me as the video played again.

Our heads were beside each other and I could feel the ends of his hair brush against my temple. Soft.

It is things like this, that makes me yearn for his touch.

We bursted out laughing again.

Calming myself down, I leaned back against the bed and wiped off the small beads of sweat on my forehead, sighing.

We just laughed for 10 minutes at a toppling bread.

"That was so funny." I bit my lip, desperately trying conceal my laughter. Eyes tearing up.

Has our humour deteriorated that bad?

Probably.

"I know, right? I wanted to send it to you, but I think it'd be funnier if we watched it together." Tendou smiled at his phone before settling his gaze on me. His crimson eyes glistening underneath the luminescent moonlight.

He dragged his chair closer to me.

His once, pale skin looked healthier. His hair seemed pretty too. He looked healthy.

I'm glad. One less thing to worry about.

"You're absolutely right." I giggled and gently raked my fingers through his hair. He leaned into my touch, setting his phone down and placed his head on the bed next to my lap.

He stared at me through his long eyelashes, blinking gently. He's tired.

"This is reminding me of the night at the tulip field." I said, gesturing to the ambiance in the room, It's completely dark, the only source of light coming from the moonlight and the monitor monitoring my heart. "Don't you think so?"

"I was feeling the same way." Tendou agreed. "Speaking of the tulip field, I promised you I'll make you a flower crown, didn't I?" His eyes widened slightly, as if it was a task I ordered him to do.

"I said to make one if you remember me by, you don't force yourself to fo it." A breathy laugh escaped my throat.

Oh, Satori.

"Who says I'm forcing myself? It's just that..." He trailed off, zoning out. His pupils enlarged, eye lids halfway shut.

Tendou had these moments quite frequently, where he would stare off into nothing. I would wait for him, and when he snapped out of it he would apologise profusely.

While he zoned out, I took the opportunity stroke his hair again. His eyes widened gently, indicating he had came back.

"I'm so sorry, Meraki," He whispered gently, holding my wrist in his grasp as if I'll disappear. "I did it again."