twenty-two

I was alone with the doctor as he inspect my vitals, frowning slightly as he scribbled away informations probably useful to him.

"You improved quite well, but it is starting to look bad again." Doctor said, frowning slightly underneath his thick glasses. "Have you been eating?"

"Yes. I ate fruits." I scratch at my palm nervously. It was moist from sweat, despite the chilly temperature of the room.

The doctor prescribed a new meal plan for me and gave the list to the nurse before leaving me alone in my room.

It's so sudden, how the news come. So positive one day and negative another. Doctors and nurses have been saying how I'm making a miraculous recovery, yet I'm not getting any better.

I do notice that I've lost weight and I've also been losing hair, but it wasn't a concerning amount so I paid no mind. Probably from the loss of nutrients, however with the new meal plan I'm sure I'll be fine.

The doctor would probably inform my parents.

__________

It's been two days, and I am in excruciating pain.

Every night I writhe in my bed, the pain in my chest so unbearable I thought I might die that exact moment. Tears pricked my eyes and sweat beaded on my forehead.

But I woke up the next day just drenched in sweat.

I barely could move now. Every muscle in my body ached, breathing itself felt like a chore and eating was the worst part of the day.

My parents were devastated. And they had no choice accepted the fact that they were going to lose their daughter. They still took care of me nonetheless.

Eita had completely stopped visiting and only called me through the phone for an hour or two. Thinking I was recuperating.

Tendou kept visiting. Everyday, he would arrive at the same time. If not, earlier.

"Hi."

"Hi, Tendou." I smiled weakly. My voice sounded raspy. I sounded sick, to pit it simply.

His attitude and aura had completely changed and resorted back to when I was sick; eyes red and downturned. Shoulders heavy and voice raw.

"How are you feeling?" His hands found it's way to mine. Strong, warm fingers enclosed mine softly, stroking the inside of my palm with utmost gentleness.

Tendou. He was sad. Very, very sad. And him and I both know the cause– the culprit. And it hurts both me and him, this reality that I wanted to be rid of.

"Come lay with me, Satori." I scooted over heavily, slowly. Tendou was already trying to stop me, standing up abruptly and grasping my wrist.

"No, no, Meraki. You have to rest—"

"Please."

He faltered, words cut short at my plea. His lower lip trembled, just barely I almost didn't catch it if I hadn't known him.

It was like this was my last request.

He slid into the cold bed by me as I threw the blanket over the both of us.

Eita's blanket.

I felt guilt washing over me at the use of Eita's blanket in the presence of Tendou. Especially now, when he's laying under it with me. Even with Tendou laying here, I still can't escape the remnants of Eita.

And I thought I had completely lost any insignificant feelings for him.

We laid on our sides, staring at each other. I could barely see him, the dimmed lighting not aiding in the slightest.